[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

Anyone knows if a D5 works on its side ?, would look pretty neat to mount this over the SSD mounts.

post-9826-0-84914500-1392918359_thumb.jp

Can you measure how much higher the case would have to be to fit a 30mm / 360 in the roof ?.

MY DREAMS OF DUAL 360 RADS WILL NEVER DIE!!

to bolt any 360 to the front and have to clear the roof 30mm 360 w/fans at least

another 60mm to allow for at least 20mm minimum air-flow clearance. *pout*

to do this you'd have to relocate the complete roof section up 60mm. the front

radiator needs 20mm to finish bolting to chassis.

i really don't see it happening with this case for the 2x 360 setup. i am really

destroyed from that. i am with you on the radiator support for a case.

I saw the NZXT H440 and immediately fell in love with it and knew I would be encasing my next build in it!

As for myself, I just started to get into computers, at least the building of them at the start of January and this will already be my second build.

My uncle builds a new computer about once every 2-3 months, so I guess you can say we share the same blood.

For this build I'm using the following: 

MSI GTX 760 2gb Twin Frozor Gaming OC edition

MSI Z77A gd65 gaming

Intel i5 2500k 3.5GHz OC @ 4.20GHz

Benq XL2420TE 144hz 

Corsair H100i

What's on order:

Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500

Future plans?

New GPU. As their are no block for the MSI GTX 760. Thinking about an EVGA. 

Possibly a CPU block for a full custom loop.

2ryjbxd.jpg

2u9nyv5.jpg

- KnowHope

to bolt any 360 to the front and have to clear the roof 30mm 360 w/fans at least

another 60mm to allow for at least 20mm minimum air-flow clearance. *pout*

to do this you'd have to relocate the complete roof section up 60mm. the front

radiator needs 20mm to finish bolting to chassis.

i really don't see it happening with this case for the 2x 360 setup. i am really

destroyed from that. i am with you on the radiator support for a case.

Much disappoint D: Seems like a lot of people on the internet lied then. Iv'e read a lot on people saying dual 360 support. 

@ ericlee30: Love the V8 in there. I plan on using the V6, myself. :)

---------------

Much disappoint D: Seems like a lot of people on the internet lied then. I've read a lot on people saying dual 360 support. 

These guys go into pretty good detail about the case's watercooling potential. Spoiler: dual 360 is not likely to happen.

YAY! a place where I can bitch and moan about the processing and shipping!

-snip-

Well cable management was darn near impossible. I sliced one of the cable when trying to route the SATA. I was pretty spoiled with my Corsair 540. 

Overall, I am pretty happy about it.

Is that how much money you have left after your sweet build? :P

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

YAY! a place where I can bitch and moan about the processing and shipping!

Is that how much money you have left after your sweet build? :P

I guess a couple people and I got lucky with the pre-order.

Haha! Yeah the case set me back some, but I don't mind eating ramen/ cereal for a little bit; it was definitely worth it!

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

hey airdeano so i see you got the extreme in there do you think the black addition would fit as well? also is there a way you can send me more pics of what you had to do to get this to work? I really want this case but i wanted to get the rampage black (as i find that board sexy).  So before dropping $500 dollars to find out im out of luck i want to see what you think.

hey airdeano so i see you got the extreme in there do you think the black addition would fit as well? also is there a way you can send me more pics of what you had to do to get this to work? I really want this case but i wanted to get the rampage black (as i find that board sexy).  So before dropping $500 dollars to find out im out of luck i want to see what you think.

welcome to the LinusTechTips forums and the PSU case section!

yes, the RIV BE will fit (same dimensions). it was pretty simple. remove the line of grommets from

the motherboard, run a strip of electrical tape along the motherboard to prevent PCB issues (very

close for contact), gets a little gimped for cable management running the cables over the edge.

do you have any pictures of the grouments you are talking about? also do you have any pictures now of what the rig looks like?

I'll post some pics when i get mine!

Asus Rampage IV Formula | i7 3820@4.3GHz | Asus GTX670 SLI | 16GB Kingston HyperX Black The Gathering edt. | H100 | 120GB Intel 330 | 240GB Intel 530 | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 4TB | CM Storm Stryker | Corsair CX750M

My white coloured case is waiting for me at Canada Post Office, it arrived much earlier than expected. Was looking for a quiet case to put my old x58 components into only to have the motherboard fail me. Got a good deal at NCIX with my PP so I ordered it. I am feeling guilty as I will be putting low powered parts in it for now as I am tightly budgeted and am going with a micro atx Msi board and AMD processor. Spent more on the fans and power supply two weeks ago.

I have a Kraken X60 in my HAF XB with 4 be quiet 140mm fans in a push pull that I would love to put in the H440 but I need to keep my gamer and HTPC machines separate. When the Haswell E's come out I will turn the H440 into the white monster it deserves to be.

Worked on the cable management some more and finally added a little lighting. Pretty content with how it is now.

20140222_063154.jpg

20140222_063300.jpg
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Worked on the cable management some more and finally added a little lighting. Pretty content with how it is now.

Beautiful.

Here's My H440 everyone! After taking the pictures, I have come to a conclusion it looks super awesomely plain. Then again, I like the plain look :P. Managing those cables was almost impossible, I had loads of trouble routing all of the power supply cables and also the cables to the ssd. Really good case with a ton of hooks for zip ties in the back. Even with two fans I manages to be super cool (I am in the basement so take that into consideration) and practically inaudible.

post-5822-0-64892500-1393179316_thumb.jp

post-5822-0-98474900-1393179341_thumb.jp

My build: i5 3570k , Sabertooth Z77, Be quiet Dark Rock 2, Corsair vengeance 16 gb ram, Corsair RM 750, WD Black 1TB , ADATA 256 GB SSD, Asus 660ti DCUII, NZXT H440, Noctua NF-F12 & NF-A14.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Making a quick stop by the forums to see if anyone has compared temperatures of the H440 vs a more open air case?

Thinking of picking up the white H440 for a theme build and not sure how having an open cooler on the 780 going into it & a Swifftech H220 will fair temp wise

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Making a quick stop by the forums to see if anyone has compared temperatures of the H440 vs a more open air case?

Thinking of picking up the white H440 for a theme build and not sure how having an open cooler on the 780 going into it & a Swifftech H220 will fair temp wise

Not sure if I mentioned it here or not, but I made the move from the Corsair Carbide 540 Air (which is a very open air case) to this case. Temp wise, it's about 2-4c warmer. But about 15% quieter. So I find that to be a very good trade off.

My case is Fedex'd here tomorrow! I'm already jelly of the nice builds I see here. I've nested and adjusted my surroundings for my baby to be born here tomorrow! Something tells me those Black/Reds are underrated and going to be the talk of the town here soon. First of the two types to be sold out!? Only just recently has the white gone out of stock.....Hmmmmm.

Edits: Sorry new red switch keyboard.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

So for those of you that have it. Replace the stock fans or no? I'd like to know if you guys think they move enough air or if you are planning on buying some better fans. Thanks!

So for those of you that have it. Replace the stock fans or no? I'd like to know if you guys think they move enough air or if you are planning on buying some better fans. Thanks!

They are not bad fans, but not that great either, they push some air but if you are a person that has a ton of components inside, then I would upgrade the fans to something better.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

they are a good case fan. nothing trashy or exciting, but a good starter/permanent fan

Here's My H440 everyone! After taking the pictures, I have come to a conclusion it looks super awesomely plain. Then again, I like the plain look :P. Managing those cables was almost impossible, I had loads of trouble routing all of the power supply cables and also the cables to the ssd. Really good case with a ton of hooks for zip ties in the back. Even with two fans I manages to be super cool (I am in the basement so take that into consideration) and practically inaudible.

Hey humble request, Can you take a photo of the case with the side panel on? I'm wondering how the overall case looks with the Noctua fans. I'm considering if I should keep the stock NZXT fans or if the Noctua fans don't look as bad.

Hey humble request, Can you take a photo of the case with the side panel on? I'm wondering how the overall case looks with the Noctua fans. I'm considering if I should keep the stock NZXT fans or if the Noctua fans don't look as bad.

I posted a couple pics some posts back, http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117203-unofficial-ltt-nzxt-h440-owners-club/?p=1588305

I use all Noctuas and as you can see, you can barely see the rear fan if you're looking straight on.

they are a good case fan. nothing trashy or exciting, but a good starter/permanent fan

They are not bad fans, but not that great either, they push some air but if you are a person that has a ton of components inside, then I would upgrade the fans to something better.

Thanks Guys!