Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ExpandWeiner

Need some help choosing a budget gaming laptop

Posted · Original PosterOP

My price range is 550-850 ish dollars, and I've narrowed down my options the Asus TUF fx505dd & Lenovo L340, and I wanted some more perspective on this, since reviews seem mixed. These two laptops have basically the same specs (same gtx 1050, 8gb ram and 512 ssd), albeit the Lenovo has a i5 9300h and the Asus has the ryzen 5 3550h, which is weaker. The way I see it, is that the Asus costs about 40 dollars less and has the TUF build properties and more gaming features at a cost of some cpu horsepower. This would be fine, however I do plan on playing some cpu heavy games like BeamNG and Cities Skylines. My country is Bulgaria if that helps

4 minutes ago, ExpandWeiner said:

My price range is 550-850 ish dollars, and I've narrowed down my options the Asus TUF fx505dd & Lenovo L340, and I wanted some more perspective on this, since reviews seem mixed. These two laptops have basically the same specs (same gtx 1050, 8gb ram and 512 ssd), albeit the Lenovo has a i5 9300h and the Asus has the ryzen 5 3550h, which is weaker. The way I see it, is that the Asus costs about 40 dollars less and has the TUF build properties and more gaming features at a cost of some cpu horsepower. This would be fine, however I do plan on playing some cpu heavy games like BeamNG and Cities Skylines. My country is Bulgaria if that helps

The way I see it, a laptop with atleast a GTX 1650 and a i5 9th gen would be enough for all your cpu and gpu intensive games. 1050 is just ancient mate.

No offence intended tho. :)

If you get a used one, you might be able to get better specs. in UK we have webuy.com, not sure about USA

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply

500ish is too little to get a decent gaming experience out of a laptop, so going used in this price range is the better option, a 1050 too weak for most more demanding games these days. 

My PC specs:

CPU: i5 2500 MB: Q65 RAM: 2x 4GB 1600 MHz DDR 3 GPU: GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 DISK: 480GB OCZ TR150

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Build Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv