What are your thoughts about LTX 2020?

AllergicBird

So I recently bought a ticket to the LTX 2020 for Saturday august 8th. I am flying in to go see it, but I wonder if it is worth it because of me flying due to the current situation with COVID-19. I get that it is roughly 4 months from now, but what will be going on around the time of the event. Just curious drop your thoughts on if it will be canceled this year.

18 minutes ago, AllergicBird said:

So I recently bought a ticket to the LTX 2020 for Saturday august 8th. I am flying in to go see it, but I wonder if it is worth it because of me flying due to the current situation with COVID-19. I get that it is roughly 4 months from now, but what will be going on around the time of the event. Just curious drop your thoughts on if it will be canceled this year.

I would not book flights at this point. All signs point to most events still being closed in August

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I wouldn’t hold your breath. To my knowledge they haven’t officially called off the event but I can’t see LMG going through with a gathering that large given the current climate. It may not even be permitted to have it at that point in time. We’ll see, my guess is they’ll make an announcement pretty soon. 

Ravendarat I stay in Alberta during the summertime and every year I fly back to Vancouver, But I am still considering canceling the flights

It will be better for Linus to either move it even later Q4 2020 or just cancel it all together considering so many people from many countries will come. If there's one thing common to some reported cases of Covid-19 is that many people lie about their travel history. What's worse is that they even lie about their patient history.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, AllergicBird said:

Ravendarat I stay in Alberta during the summertime and every year I fly back to Vancouver, But I am still considering canceling the flights

Id only book flights if they were %100 refundable. If not than I would cancel and worst case you have to rent a car and drive it if you dont have one already