What to upgrade next?

I was just starting a full system upgrade at the start of the quarantine, and only had time to get a new CPU before all the shipping restrictions happened. I'm trying to decide what I should upgrade next and would like some assistance. Let's go over what I will be upgrading. 

To make things easier, If you don't want to read everything below you can just use these two links: This is everything that is in my PC at this very moment and This is everything that I'm planning on upgrading to

I plan on upgrading my board from an asrock b450m-hdv to an asrock b450m steel legend for the extra dimm slots, extra m.2 slots, and type c port on the rear Io.

My current GPU is a 4gb RX570 from Gigabyte, and I'm planning on switching to an EVGA RTX 2070 Super black edition.

My current case is a coolermaster masterbox NR400, and I was planning on going for a fractal design define TG C, which can support full ATX boards without being too much bigger than my current case, and also doesn't take up internal space with a CD drive bay. If I upgrade my case first, it will also enable me to switch to the full atx version of the board I was going to upgrade to.

Finally, my current PSU is a corsair CXM 550W and was planning on upgrading to an EVGA BQ 650W 80+ Bronze PSU because my current one is a bit below what I would feel comfortable with while running a 3600 and a 2070 Super.

I am trying to decide WHICH thing to buy next, not WHAT thing, however if you feel so inclined, you can suggest amendments to my parts list that I may take into account. If you feel I should consider something different, feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Edit: forgot to add, because it's not in the list. I currently use an Insignia 1920x1080 59hz TV as my main monitor and was planning on upgrading to an AOC G2590FX, which as I understand it, is an upgrade that could be recommended to make before the GPU.

52 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Go for the GPU next.

Seconded, the other parts will hold up fine. And IMO, unless you're overclocking, you probably don't need the MB, and if you were to upgrade, I'd suggest going to an X570 board, or one without known heat issues (that said, my friend has one and seems to like it, and I was thinking about getting one purely for the aesthetic), like the MSi Tomahawk MAX B450. And mebbe a 750 watt PSU, because they are around the same price as a 650 and more is always better.

"Mercury" Build Thread - Phanteks Evolv X | Ryzen 5 5600X | MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi | MSI GTX 1070 Ti DUKE | 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo | "Royal" Light Guide Bars | 6x Corsair HD 120mm Fans | Corsair Commander Pro 

Seasonic G-Series 750W Gold PSU | Darkside Carbon Cables | Darkside Slim 360 Rad | Darkside 12mm Fittings | Aquacomputer Aqualis 150 DDC Reservoir | Barrow PWM DDC pump | Barrow "Royal" CPU Block | Barrow Flow Indicator

"Quicksilver" Build Thread - Painted InWin303 | i7-6700K | MSI Z170A M-Power Gaming Titanium | Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LED Ram 3000mHz| 3x Phanteks 140mm Fans | Deepcool 600W Bronze PSU

Coolermaster Hyper212 Black | 2x Fractal White LED 120mm Fans | 3x UpHere 120mm Fans

"Watermelon" (Daughter) Build Thread - Painted Fractal Design Focus G | I7-4770 | Gigabyte GA-H85-D3H | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 16gb Crucial DDR3L 1600mHz | 3x Enermax White Twister 120mm fans

3x Enermax White Cluster 120mm Fans | Enermax ETS-T40-WC Air Cooler | eVGA 750G1 750W Gold PSU | Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller

3 minutes ago, banana_havoc said:

the other parts will hold up fine. 

I'd suggest going to an X570 board, or one without known heat issues

So the new $500 GPU won't be held back by my $20 monitor? and I was unaware of any heat issues with the steel legend. Not overclocking, but I was actually planning on upgrading my board because I was worried about heat issues on my current board. And my current one lacks a second heat sink, only has 2 dimm slots, only 1 m.2 slot, and doesn't have a type c port. These are all the "real" reasons I wanted a new board. But if the steel legend has heat issues i'll look into other boards with the same features.

You should upgrade either your graphics card or your motherboard first. If the heat issue you mentioned earlier is really that bad, go with the mo-bo. Althrough, it's not very likely that you might fry your components via motherboard, but some precaution won't hurt. Otherwise, if you think your current mobo can handle the heat stress the RTX2070 might emmit, you're okay to upgrade your graphics card.

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

23 hours ago, Jack0f5pades said:

So the new $500 GPU won't be held back by my $20 monitor? and I was unaware of any heat issues with the steel legend. Not overclocking, but I was actually planning on upgrading my board because I was worried about heat issues on my current board. And my current one lacks a second heat sink, only has 2 dimm slots, only 1 m.2 slot, and doesn't have a type c port. These are all the "real" reasons I wanted a new board. But if the steel legend has heat issues i'll look into other boards with the same features.

If you're not going to overclock, you should be fine. Just make sure you have adequate ventilation. In all honesty I was considering the same board. But I have a tendency to overclock.

As for the monitor, you would be outpacing it but the up side is you wouldn't have frame drops, and you were speaking about replacing the monitor anyways. 

"Mercury" Build Thread - Phanteks Evolv X | Ryzen 5 5600X | MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi | MSI GTX 1070 Ti DUKE | 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo | "Royal" Light Guide Bars | 6x Corsair HD 120mm Fans | Corsair Commander Pro 

Seasonic G-Series 750W Gold PSU | Darkside Carbon Cables | Darkside Slim 360 Rad | Darkside 12mm Fittings | Aquacomputer Aqualis 150 DDC Reservoir | Barrow PWM DDC pump | Barrow "Royal" CPU Block | Barrow Flow Indicator

"Quicksilver" Build Thread - Painted InWin303 | i7-6700K | MSI Z170A M-Power Gaming Titanium | Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LED Ram 3000mHz| 3x Phanteks 140mm Fans | Deepcool 600W Bronze PSU

Coolermaster Hyper212 Black | 2x Fractal White LED 120mm Fans | 3x UpHere 120mm Fans

"Watermelon" (Daughter) Build Thread - Painted Fractal Design Focus G | I7-4770 | Gigabyte GA-H85-D3H | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 16gb Crucial DDR3L 1600mHz | 3x Enermax White Twister 120mm fans

3x Enermax White Cluster 120mm Fans | Enermax ETS-T40-WC Air Cooler | eVGA 750G1 750W Gold PSU | Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller