Best hardware for Nik + Affinity Photo?

Background: I've been using Photoshop CS5 and Nik ColourEfex Pro 3 to edit my photos for about a decade now. While I'm perfectly happy with my current setup, I have been curious about alternatives in the event that either CS5 or CEP3 stop working. I tried ColourEfex Pro 4 (currently offered by DxO) with Affinity Photo and CS5 and found it painfully slow on my current rig (a 2013 Lenovo T530, obviously not exactly a spring chicken or hardware powerhouse). CPEP3 loads in about a second and only takes a few seconds for the new layer to finish whereas CPEP4 takes about 15 seconds to load and then another 15 seconds for the new layer to finish. Trouble is, neither my CPU nor GPU come close to 100% utilisation, so there's no obvious bottleneck. I also checked ram and found that it wasn't being chewed up much either.

So, with no obvious bottlenecks, what kind of hardware configuration would be necessary to crush ColourEfex Pro 4 in Affinity Photo with minimal load times?

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

9 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

Lenovo T530

If I am reading this right, the best CPU that laptop could have is an Intel® Core i7 processor i7-3920XM with quad-core so anything within the past oh, 5 years ought to be better

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

45 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If I am reading this right, the best CPU that laptop could have is an Intel® Core i7 processor i7-3920XM with quad-core so anything within the past oh, 5 years ought to be better

I should try it out on my brother's gaming rig and see how it fares.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy