USB 3.0 hub suggestions

PyroTheWise

All, I have been researching USB 3.0 hubs to help clear up some cable distance issues.   I will be connecting a USB drive of course, but also my keyboard and mouse.

The peripherals I will be connecting to the USB hub are:

1.  Logitech G Pro gaming keyboard - requires a USB 2.0 or better USB port, does have RGB

2.  Logitech G 502 wired mouse - requires a USB 2.0 or better USB port, does have RGB

The external drive hasn't been purchased at this time.   I did review and try to find a good USB that would support the keyboard/mouse but it is hard to determine what will/will not work effectively.  

Do you have any suggestions on what USB hub I should use?   I assume I should get a powered USB hub to make sure the perhperials don't fight for power.

Thank you for your suggestions.

8 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

I assume I should get a powered USB hub to make sure the perhperials don't fight for power

When it comes to only a mouse and keyboard, you won't have to worry about that.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

When it comes to only a mouse and keyboard, you won't have to worry about that.

I read on quite a few of the usb hubs where folks were having issues with the keyboard mouse dropping out, stopping, lagging with a non-powered USB hub. 

I really don't want a buy a USB hub to find out that it causes issues with my keyboard/mouse.  Maybe I can get those right angle USB cables (they are really short) but that might be enough to connect the keyboard/mouse to the back of the case instead of the top of the case.

I can tell you what hubs to NOT buy: StarTech. The one I recently got apparently back fed current into the USB 3.0 port in my notebook, frying it. This was the second one of their products in a row that I bought recently that was problematic. I used to swear by StarTech; now I'm swearing at them! It will be a cold day in Hell before I buy anything of theirs again!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

4 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I can tell you what hubs to NOT buy: StarTech. The one I recently got apparently back fed current into the USB 3.0 port in my notebook, frying it. This was the second one of their products in a row that I bought recently that was problematic. I used to swear by StarTech; now I'm swearing at them! It will be a cold day in Hell before I buy anything of theirs again!

Thank you.  Yeah, I am very concerned about these cheap knock off usb hubs.   Not sure what I am going to do right now.

1 minute ago, PyroTheWise said:

Thank you.  Yeah, I am very concerned about these cheap knock off usb hubs.   Not sure what I am going to do right now.

StarTech is not exactly cheap. Their products used be high priced but high quality. Now, they are high priced crap!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!