Building a first pc

NatersCNF

I was looking at building a pc. I'm done with running inagrated graphics on a laptop with a 5th gen core 15 5500u.

I made a rough parts lists and was wondering if everything is compatible or for any suggestions.

I'll just be gaming and some light programming with the machine and will just be running windows 10.

(I'm Canadian so prices might be higher then you think)

Motherboard:

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard

Cpu:

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

Ram:

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO

Gpu:

MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1650

Cpu cooler:

CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT

Power supply

EVGA 50 N1 650w power supply

Case

NZXT h510i

Hard drive:

Seagate FireCuda 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive Performance SSHD 

RGB fans (Cooler Master)

Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo (triple pack) + Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo (single fan)

Wifi card:

wifi card

My budget was $1500CAD and I feel like this works

If there are any problems (as I'm not experienced with part compatibility) please let me know

It's extremely under powered for the price-range. You're spending a little much on the aesthetics when you can get a lot more in performance.

Something like a 3600 and 5700 XT should be within this budget

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, NatersCNF said:

I was looking at building a pc. I'm done with running inagrated graphics on a laptop with a 5th gen core 15 5500u.

I made a rough parts lists and was wondering if everything is compatible or for any suggestions.

I'll just be gaming and some light programming with the machine and will just be running windows 10.

(I'm Canadian so prices might be higher then you think)

Motherboard:

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard

Cpu:

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

Ram:

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO

Gpu:

MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1650

Cpu cooler:

CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT

Power supply

EVGA 50 N1 650w power supply

Case

NZXT h510i

Hard drive:

Seagate FireCuda 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive Performance SSHD 

RGB fans (Cooler Master)

Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo (triple pack) + Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo (single fan)

Wifi card:

wifi card

My budget was $1500CAD and I feel like this works

If there are any problems (as I'm not experienced with part compatibility) please let me know

Do you need integrated graphics to go along with the GPU?   The Ryzen 3 3200G has integrated graphics.  You could get a Ryzen 5 3600 for cheaper and should be faster (no integrated GPU).  

Also what Slottr said, you are spending a lot of extra money on RGB.   That is totally up to you but that extra money could be spent on a higher end GPU or more HDD space, etc...  

I have to say, your parts list is rather confusing. Much, much cheaper than your listed budget of $1500. Some revisions:

First of all, pcpartpicker is an extremely convenient way to share parts lists, for extra clarity.

The power supply you selected is the worst one that EVGA sells, I replaced it with a decent unit. An SSD will be quite a lot faster than a hybrid drive, but I still left room for mass HDD storage if you need it. The 1650 is fairly bad value, the RX 570 is the same price for better performance, but in this case, just go whole hog with the 5600 XT, which performs almost as well as a 2060. You can get rid of the "i" for that case, it's just an over expensive smart device for the fans. I also cut the water cooler out, but again, there's room in the budget if you truly want it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

19 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

Do you need integrated graphics to go along with the GPU?   The Ryzen 3 3200G has integrated graphics.  You could get a Ryzen 5 3600 for cheaper and should be faster (no integrated GPU).  

Also what Slottr said, you are spending a lot of extra money on RGB.   That is totally up to you but that extra money could be spent on a higher end GPU or more HDD space, etc...  

25 minutes ago, Slottr said:

It's extremely under powered for the price-range. You're spending a little much on the aesthetics when you can get a lot more in performance.

Something like a 3600 and 5700 XT should be within this budget

My recommendation would be to get a good case that you like for aesthetic reasoning with decent airflow, and swap out some to all of the aesthetic RGB model components for better performing components. Most importantly, I would recommend switching the Ryzen 3200G for an 8-core 4.7 GHz AMD FX-9590 and the GPU to the RX Vega 56 or a 5700 xt.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

4 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

My recommendation would be to get a good case that you like for aesthetic reasoning with decent airflow, and swap out some to all of the aesthetic RGB model components for better performing components. Most importantly, I would recommend switching the Ryzen 3200G for an 8-core 4.7 GHz AMD FX-9590 and the GPU to the RX Vega 56 or a 5700 xt.

The 9590 is terrible

OKAY I've only built a few systems but this is all my own thoughts. First let's dig into that CPU: The 3200G is a Ryzen 3000 series APU so part of the CPU's processing capabilities are shared with its onboard graphics engine, limiting the processing power for the price point. APU's are mostly only used if you lack a dedicated graphics card due to lack of space or money. If you feel like spending more for a very good Ryzen 3000 series CPU, the 3600 is over twice the price of the 3200G on Amazon but will fare much better. If you don't have that money (which you should once I speak about why you're spending too much on RGB) you could go for the Ryzen 5 1600 AF which is closer to the 3200G. The board looks good but if you're unlucky, it might not come with an updated bios to be able to use Ryzen 3000 CPU's, so that's something to watch out for. Ditch the RGB component of the memory and fans in favor of higher memory speeds (3200 or 3600) and spend the money that you were going to spend on the water cooler on a better graphics card like a 5700XT or if you're going all out, something like a 2070super. Dunno the prices there since I'm not from canada but if you can swing it, the 5700XT is my recommendation. Other than that, drop the 'i' from your case since you now don't have any RGB to use the controller, up the efficiency rating of your power supply and make sure to buy a good SSD, and you should be golden. This took a while to type so other people might have better info than me, go check their posts and see what they have to say on the matter. 

13 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I would recommend switching the Ryzen 3200G for an 8-core 4.7 GHz AMD FX-9590

Neither of those make any sense for the price range

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Not sure if prices on PCPP or your budget even is including tax or not. Depending on that you could make several adjustments (mATX -> ATX, GPU mainly). I splurged a bit with the Memory, you can save ~$30 here by going with a 3200/CL16 kit.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Memory Express) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.50 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: OLOy WarHawk RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($93.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN500 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($89.30 @ shopRBC) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ Memory Express) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB EVOKE OC Video Card  ($489.99 @ Memory Express) 
Case: Antec NX400 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.50 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: GAMDIAS KRATOS P1 G 650 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Total: $1312.25
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-01 22:59 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W