Call Of Duty Modern Warfare using 100% CPU

theduckiswatching

I just got this game a week ago and noticed that my discord would constantly lag while playing. While searching for a fix I found that my CPU was running at 100% and I believe that this is part of the problem. Issue #1, is this what is causing discord to lag? and issue #2. How do I fix it? I have a GTX 1070 which is at like 20% and an i5 6600 3.5ghz

Yes, that's most likely what's causing your issue.

Best thing you can do without actually upgrading the CPU is capping the framerate in the game's display settings. You could also try increasing graphics settings, including the render resolution, to sort of balance out the CPU/GPU loads.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Its weird though as I haven't had this problem with any other game including other triple A's and my cpu doesn't come close to 100% in other games but I'll try it out thanks for the help

42 minutes ago, theduckiswatching said:

Its weird though as I haven't had this problem with any other game including other triple A's and my cpu doesn't come close to 100% in other games but I'll try it out thanks for the help

Depends on what games you're playing.

Most of the AAA titles that launched in the last couple of years require more than a 4C/4T CPU to run properly.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

10 hours ago, theduckiswatching said:

Considering that MW is new and by the looks of threads posted, its having all sorts of issues on hardware that isn't quite new. Upgrading to i7 will fix this issue as it seems like MW is making older i5s bottlenecks.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On a side note, I had an issue with modern warfare where the task manager was mis-reporting GPU usage as much lower than it actually was. It might be worth downloading a 3rd party monitor to check GPU usage percentage

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Close all cpu demanding background apps like chrome discord ect

Set MW's priority to Normal and download Priority Saver to automatically set the Priority whenever you launch the game. That fixed it for me.

• 7 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 11:18 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Considering that MW is new and by the looks of threads posted, its having all sorts of issues on hardware that isn't quite new. Upgrading to i7 will fix this issue as it seems like MW is making older i5s bottlenecks.

NOPE , have a i7 9700 , gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb ram ,samsung 860 evo ssd still crashes on startup i cant believe this sh!t.. been like this for 5 months now

Just now, BraaiBroodjie said:

NOPE , have a i7 9700 , gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb ram ,samsung 860 evo ssd still crashes on startup i cant believe this sh!t.. been like this for 5 months now

Also tried every possible solution nothing worked.