need help upgrading

hello

i want to upgrade my cpu on my pc and need help on choosing a good cpu and maybe mobo(I am thinking going amd)

my correct build:

intel I-7600k

gtx 1070 8gb

2x8 ram ddr4 2400

asus prime z-270k

1080p

my budget is about 600 dollar

will most likely buy from amazon as it is mostly chipper them buying it locally(I am from israel)

I mostly use my pc for game but most games I play are more cpu intensive like football manger, total war and bannerlord and sometimes tomb raider and divinity original sin 2 and various rpg

i prefer a quiet build and i don't overclock

i am thinking going amd 3700x

I would STRONGLY suggest waiting for Zen 3 in 3-4 months. Save up more and get a 4700X and a GPU upgrade to go along with it.

are you sure it will be out by then because my cpu is not exactly handling the games

I’d try to find a b450/X470 board and a Ryzen 5 1600AF, Zen3 won’t be here til Q4 this year if that. And if you decide you need more CPU you can just drop in a 4700X/4800X when Zen3 does drop.

A 6c/12t Ryzen chip will be more than enough for gaming, however if you plan to stream then that’s when I’d consider an 8c chip.

If you need PCI-E 4.0, your only real option is X570 and a Zen2 CPU in which case I’d recommend a 3600 or 3700X.

Quote me or @TwilightRavens if you want me to see your reply. I may go inactive for a long time from time to time because I forget how to socialize, but I will be back... eventually.

Main Gaming PC

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X || AsRock X570 Taichi || G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600MHz 2 x 16GB C16 1.35v || AMD Wraith Prism || Phanteks Enthoo Pro E-ATX || Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC || Samsung 970 Evo 250GB NVME SSD & Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME & Crucial 960GB SATA III SSD || EVGA Supernova 750W Platinum PQ || Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 || Gigabyte M27Q 27" 170Hz 1440P & Acer 21.5” 1080p 75hz IPS || Logitech G213 Prodigy || Logitech G502 Hero

Laptop

AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with RadeonGraphics || ASUS TUF A15 ||  DDR4 3200MHz 2 x 8GB C22 1.2v || ASUS GeForce GTX 1650 4G GDDR6 || 512GB NVME M.2 SSD  ||  Ubuntu 22.04.1 (Jammy Jellyfish)

18 minutes ago, SilverRaven said:

are you sure it will be out by then because my cpu is not exactly handling the games

there is little that is sure right now.  For $600 you can upgrade your cpu OR your gpu.  Not both.  The question is on which are you being limited?  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

28 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I would STRONGLY suggest waiting for Zen 3 in 3-4 months. Save up more and get a 4700X and a GPU upgrade to go along with it.

Where are you getting 3 - 4 months from ? There is no release date for Ryzen 4000 yet.

27 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Where are you getting 3 - 4 months from ? There is no release date for Ryzen 4000 yet.

Late Q3 2020 is what's being discussed atm.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

there is little that is sure right now.  For $600 you can upgrade your cpu OR your gpu.  Not both.  The question is on which are you being limited?  

the problem is my cpu as most of the games I play are cpu based my gtx1070 is enough

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

I heard “Holliday” 2020.  It’s all rumors.  I’m guessing Christmas shopping season 2020 which would be early to mid q4, but 2021 wouldn’t surprise me at all

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

59 minutes ago, SilverRaven said:

the problem is my cpu as most of the games I play are cpu based my gtx1070 is enough

Sounds like you want to upgrade cpu then.   The 1070 is a decent card.  Certainly fast enough to last you until the new crop arrives.  I’m more fond of 8/16 than 6/12 atm.  There are 6/12s out like the 3600 with pretty good single thread though.  The only bugbear is Scarlett/ps5 appear to be 7/14, (8/16-1/2 reserved for the OS) so I’m wondering if 8/16 isn’t the better part of valor even if the single thread isn’t stupendous.  I dunno though.

12 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Where have you seen that ?

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I heard “Holliday” 2020.  It’s all rumors.  I’m guessing Christmas shopping season 2020 which would be early to mid q4, but 2021 wouldn’t surprise me at all

2021 is out of the question - you'll most likely have them on store shelves before November