Gpu isnt working anymore. code 43 on device manager

Tesalliated

Hello, after changing thermal paste and cleaning everything for the summer my gpu isnt working. one of the screws that hold the cooler was eaten away so i cant unscrew it anymore {its a bit too tight now} and i receive error 43 when i check it on the device manager of win 10 https://mathiashueber.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/error-code-43.png exactly like this

The fans spins but i dont receive video signal, already performed a bios reset, windows clean install, drivers reinstall with ddu, changing pci ports.. i dont know whats left to check?? maybe i screwed the cooler to tight and some circuit got desoldered?

Gpu evga 1060 6gb

MB asus h170 pro gaming

CPU i7 7700

I don't know if this is what you need to do or not so ask around a little more before you do it.

I have heard that someone had this issue and they solved it by removing the batter that is on the motherboard for a short amount of time (like 10-30 seconds) and then putting it back in which caused a hard reboot of all of the bios systems and they were able to reinstall what they needed. the problem with this though is the error code 43 is a wide variety of problems from simple like you just need to restart the system to the complex or hard where you have to replace the motherboard or CPU because its fried and everything in between. 

5 hours ago, Tesalliated said:

maybe i screwed the coller to tight and some circuit got desoldered

It’s possible, you may even cracked the gpu die by doing it. Best idea is to take out the cooler again and check it out first, than putting it back together but don’t use so much force. 

5 hours ago, Tesalliated said:

one of the screws that hold the coller was eaten away so i cant unscrew it anymore

You can use rubber band on top of the screwdriver in order to remove the screw 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Thanks for the replies, ill try to dissasemble it and use the oven trick to see if the circuit can solder itself or if i can find one send it to a tehnician (idk what kind of technician repair gpu but ill try to find one )

3 hours ago, Tesalliated said:

Thanks for the replies, ill try to dissasemble it and use the oven trick to see if the circuit can solder itself or if i can find one send it to a tehnician (idk what kind of technician repair gpu but ill try to find one )

if you are going to use the oven trick then I hope your card is out of warranty otherwise it will be once you start.

After some testing i got it to show in gpu z... still no video and it seems that at least a part of the gpu is dead... i guess its time for a replacement since im not technician and i have no warranty

7f9.png