SENNHEISER HD 6XX HEADPHONES

Hi, I'm wondering if there is any difference between the 6xx 3.5mm jack and the 650’s 6.35mm jack in terms of sound&quality.

I'm also confused if there is any difference between the two in terms of manufacture quality since one of them is made in Ireland and the other in Romania .

The HD650 and the HD6XX are identical headphones, Sennheiser has recently opened a new factory in Romania where the new HD660S is being made, since the 600-series pretty much uses most of the same tooling I'd hazard a guess that Sennheiser has moved all 600-series production there.

Also, there is no sound difference between a 3.5mm and a 6.35mm jack, just depends on what is coming out of your source.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

1 hour ago, Pomfinator said:

The HD650 and the HD6XX are identical headphones, Sennheiser has recently opened a new factory in Romania where the new HD660S is being made, since the 600-series pretty much uses most of the same tooling I'd hazard a guess that Sennheiser has moved all 600-series production there.

Also, there is no sound difference between a 3.5mm and a 6.35mm jack, just depends on what is coming out of your source.

that's really helpful, thank you!

On 4/1/2020 at 2:34 PM, Ahmed Kirito said:

Hi, I'm wondering if there is any difference between the 6xx 3.5mm jack and the 650’s 6.35mm jack in terms of sound&quality.

I'm also confused if there is any difference between the two in terms of manufacture quality since one of them is made in Ireland and the other in Romania .

They are absolutely the same. Assuming the connector's material is the same (both gold plated), unless the cable was different, you wouldn't hear a difference in sound (for example, one cable is balanced while the other is not, and you have the proper gear to run balanced). Jack size won't matter. On a side note, cables do make a difference ONLY when the manufacturer intended for them to alter the original sound. They'd be working somewhat as a pre-amplifier. I've tested US900 cables on a few Audeze cans not so long ago and the difference is crystal clear, but again it was intended to alter the original sound. That's obviously not what manufacturers will tell you, and whoever says cables can't alter sound is simply because they haven't tested it by themselves or have an alien hearing.