HELP! Translucent lines on monitor when gaming.

ChesterSmith

When I play certain games (not all but most) I see horizontal translucent lines moving from top to bottom of the screen. Vsync reduces the amount of these lines but doesnt eliviate the issue entirely. I also have triple buffering enabled in the nvidia control panel. Does anyone know how/if I can fix this issue?

system specs:

R5 2600

GTX 1070

16gb DDR4 3000

600W Silverstone PSU

960gb Intel SSD 6 (NVME)

BIOS Version F50 (Latest)

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using a fairly old VGA monitor as a stand in before I can buy a new one.

3 minutes ago, ChesterSmith said:

When I play certain games (not all but most) I see horizontal translucent lines moving from top to bottom of the screen. Vsync reduces the amount of these lines but doesnt eliviate the issue entirely. I also have triple buffering enabled in the nvidia control panel. Does anyone know how/if I can fix this issue?

system specs:

R5 2600

GTX 1070

16gb DDR4 3000

600W Silverstone PSU

960gb Intel SSD 6 (NVME)

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have you tried connecting the gpu to a tv using the hdmi or displayport?

44 minutes ago, ChesterSmith said:

system specs:

R5 2600

GTX 1070

16gb DDR4 3000

600W Silverstone PSU

960gb Intel SSD 6 (NVME)

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Very possible it could be the monitor, if it's older and you're using VGA with an adapter. I'd try it on a newer monitor or flat screen TV using HDMI and seeing if it still has the problem.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Yeah tried it on a TV and the problem didnt persist. Assuming its either a vga problem or the monitor. Thanks for your help, do you know of any fixes besides buying a new monitor?

1 minute ago, ChesterSmith said:

Yeah tried it on a TV and the problem didnt persist. Assuming its either a vga problem or the monitor. Thanks for your help, do you know of any fixes besides buying a new monitor?

Only problem with that being that it only happens when running certain games (system wide) and never happens with no games running which is odd. for example with COD Warzone running the problem persists but when running minecraft it's nowhere to be seen.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:09 AM, ChesterSmith said:

Only problem with that being that it only happens when running certain games (system wide) and never happens with no games running which is odd. for example with COD Warzone running the problem persists but when running minecraft it's nowhere to be seen.

Then it could be an nvidia driver issue.