Colorcorrecting webcam?

I have an old ps3 webcam hooked up to my pc in case i need it, colors look like absolute shite so im trying to use a lut in OBS to color correct. 

My problem is that i dont know how to fix the color problem. its hard to describe but my black shirt comes of as blue and my brown hair also looks blueish anyone have an idea what to tweak to fix this?

4 minutes ago, Dilexius said:

-

Do you have a bright computer monitor infront of you? typically this is casting blue light onto you making you appear more in more cold colors. If so you need to likely overpower the blue light source with a warmer light, or turn on some kind of blue filter, otherwise maybe playing with the white balance may be enough.

19 hours ago, For Science! said:

Do you have a bright computer monitor infront of you? typically this is casting blue light onto you making you appear more in more cold colors. If so you need to likely overpower the blue light source with a warmer light, or turn on some kind of blue filter, otherwise maybe playing with the white balance may be enough.

Accutally the funny thing is that i look kinda normal in sunlight but as soon as i turn un an incandecant desk lamp and point it at yours truly i turn blue, it's rather funny really alot of people already asked me if i dyed my hair. Uploading some photos so you can see, i tried whitebalancing in davinci resolve but no improvment to the blueness, when trying colorwheels the rest of the image is ruined before the blue is black. Hope you enjoy how absolute shite this webcam is

after light.PNG

before light.PNG

3 hours ago, Dilexius said:

i tried whitebalancing in davinci resolve

You can white-balance in OBS in the plugin for the webcam. Under the Video Capture Device - Properties, there is a button for 'Configure Video'. Should give you the option to use sliders to adjust color, contract, sharpness, brightness, white-balance, and a few other things. Might have to uncheck the box for 'auto' adjust for white-balance.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

4 hours ago, The1Dickens said:

You can white-balance in OBS in the plugin for the webcam. Under the Video Capture Device - Properties, there is a button for 'Configure Video'. Should give you the option to use sliders to adjust color, contract, sharpness, brightness, white-balance, and a few other things. Might have to uncheck the box for 'auto' adjust for white-balance.

all those settings are greyed out for me, might have something to do with me having to run the webcam through manycam and into obs as a virtual webcam for it to even work

6 hours ago, Dilexius said:

all those settings are greyed out for me, might have something to do with me having to run the webcam through manycam and into obs as a virtual webcam for it to even work

Is it not a USB webcam? Why do you have to run it through manycam?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

You might want to watch the warmth of the light being used, as that can affect colour.

Incandescent lights generally lean towards the warm side of the Kelvin scale, generally 2700K to 3500K. Sunlight leans towards 6500K, so you might want to switch to something like an cool LED lightbulb instead.

Also, avoid strong backlighting (such as the open window behind you); it can throw off your camera as well.

More tips on lighting, see here:

8 hours ago, ThePointblank said:

You might want to watch the warmth of the light being used, as that can affect colour.

Incandescent lights generally lean towards the warm side of the Kelvin scale, generally 2700K to 3500K. Sunlight leans towards 6500K, so you might want to switch to something like an cool LED lightbulb instead.

Also, avoid strong backlighting (such as the open window behind you); it can throw off your camera as well.

More tips on lighting, see here:

Yeah, im planning on borrowing a cineroid led lamp with adjustible wb from my school just for fun to see if that improves it. usually shut the blinds if im taking an actual call. Im just gonna make this my little hobby project, making a shitty webcam look as good as possible. 

10 hours ago, The1Dickens said:

Is it not a USB webcam? Why do you have to run it through manycam?

it's an old ps3 webcam and the driver for windows is not made by the manufacturer. It shows up as a webcam in the system but only outputs a black screen in anything but the test software that came with the driver. But for some reason it works in manycam. It is very much a bodge fix 

8 hours ago, Dilexius said:

Yeah, im planning on borrowing a cineroid led lamp with adjustible wb from my school just for fun to see if that improves it. usually shut the blinds if im taking an actual call. Im just gonna make this my little hobby project, making a shitty webcam look as good as possible. 

Best thing you can do is to properly light your set. With a sensor that small, the more light you can feed it, the better. Shutting the blinds will reduce the amount of *unwanted* light in the video, but you need to add "correct" light back in.