Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MathiasVO

Packet loss?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I really want to stream games, but i keep getting stream lag for some reason. Sometimes everything seems fine (4kbps, no problem) but then all of a sudden it drops to like 800kbps and sometimes even to 0kbps. My connection should be fast enough (120/25) and i do actually get those speeds when i do network tests. 

I have tried moving my router to the network "source" in my house, i have tried switching DNS servers, i have tried different stream servers, i even had an ISP technician out here who couldn't find any issues. Nothing seems to be working.
When i run a pathping to twitch.tv i get the results shown below, with link 4 having a 99% packet loss? This one reeeeeally confuses me.

I'm trying to stream on a 3900x, 1080ti and with an ethernet connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

image.png

Does any other computer experience these issues? Have you tried a different cable/port on router/switch?

Guides & Tutorials:

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How to Access your Private Servers from anywhere with Pritunl

In the Queue:

[Taking Suggestions]

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

The problem is between hop 3 and 4. Most of the packets are either not making it there, or not able to get the ACKs back. If TDC.net is your provider you'll probably need to get an L2 or L3 tech support engineer to actually look at the case. An L1 won't know what isn't in their script, and a field tech won't be able to do anything about it.