Dedicated Streaming PC

Hi all.

So a followup to my last post, I have a pc that I only play games on and I was thinking to get a stronger gpu with new nvenc to do the streaming, but looking at prices, itd be cheaper to upgrade my other pc from the fx 8530 it has up to ryzen, including a cheap shitty mb. I already have 16gb ddr4 ram laying around doing nothing.

So now im looking into what'd be the cheapest Ryzen I could go for that will just be for streaming. I was hoping a 3200g could do at least 1080p 30, anyone have any ideas? Trying to google it is only bringing up 3400g's, or 2200's etc, but the 3200 is about half the price of a 3400 (at least on UK amazon right now) so any input on this would be great before I drop the order tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

My understanding, which may be flawed, is a 3200 is a 2400 with better video, and a 2400 is a 1200 done as an apu.  My 4770(sort of k) sits between the 1200 and 1600 performance wise.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My understanding, which may be flawed, is a 3200 is a 2400 with better video, and a 2400 is a 1200 done as an apu.  My 4770(sort of k) sits between the 1200 and 1600 performance wise.

I am now looking into a 2600 for the dedicated streaming pc, if you have any input on that?

I currently have a 2600 in my gaming rig so I cant really test how performance will be because that will be streaming and gaming on it, which atm isnt great. If i had something better than a 1050ti im sure it would be but the 1660 which is the cheapest card with the new envenc encoder is pricy and I think I can do this cheaper with a dedicated pc

45 minutes ago, Coppz said:

I am now looking into a 2600 for the dedicated streaming pc, if you have any input on that?

I currently have a 2600 in my gaming rig so I cant really test how performance will be because that will be streaming and gaming on it, which atm isnt great. If i had something better than a 1050ti im sure it would be but the 1660 which is the cheapest card with the new envenc encoder is pricy and I think I can do this cheaper with a dedicated pc

I don’t stream I’m afraid so not much.  All I know is that some but not all newer NVIDIA GPUs have a hardware based streaming system in them that can take load off the cpu.  I know nothing about the particulars of its functionality :/   Others May though.  As to whether AMD has something that competes I haven’t heard anything, but I’m not informed on the subject either.  There are people here who stream.  Finding out how much cpu AMD/non nvec streaming uses could be useful.  I’m not a good source myself though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.