What is currently bottlenecking?

Hey guys,

according to the recommendation of linus at the end of this video I wanted to give it a try.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt5CNi0aEpI

Currently I have issues running the game Call of Duty Modernwarfare, especially in Warzone. I had multiple problems running this game at first, due to a longer gaming break. My problems kinda stacked up due to that break and now I have cleared most of the issues. First I had issues of packet loss and heavy ingame stutter(freeze), sometimes even lasting multiple seconds. I have been speeking to my provider approx. 30 times to fix the packet loss. For the stutterings I have upgraded my ram from 8gb to 16gb 3200 cl16. Those problems have been fixed now, I guess..

Still I am facing some ingame lags.

My specs:

Asus GTX 1060 6gb

i5 8400

ssd(widnwos) + hdd

16gb RAM 3200 cl16

AOC Gaming monitor 144Hz Gsync

Screening a few programs on my second monitor while gaming tells me the following:

Pingplotter to speedtest.net shows everything green( I have opened a thread in a german forum according packet loss and people were saying "now its fine")

MSI Afterburner tells me that CPU is surprisingly not at 100%. More around 50-60%. GPU is at 99%, kinda surprised. both below 65 degrees celsius.

Task Manager telling me that CPU is at 100%.

Who Can you trust? Task or MSI?

I have no problems regarding fps. The fps are always 60+. Which is also strange to me. Does it have to do with frametimes or something like that? Or is it still the internet? I have been calling my provider that often that I have reached their last level on their escalation level. Telling them once more that there is internet problems will cause in a repair in larger and more expensive way for them, unless the problem is at my side.. then I have to come up for all the costs. Thats what I want to clarify to make sure there is no problems on my side anymore.

Again, regarding to the laggs. I have no fps drop downs when those lags appear. I experience this kind of lags the first time. I suspect my CPU to be bottlenecking because sometimes my audio stutters while ingame. What do you guys think?

thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, GreyGoose said:

30 times to fix the packet loss

its server side, thousands of players are having this, including myself

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Just now, Srijan Verma said:

its server side, thousands of players are having this, including myself

I mean, the work of my provider has done a lot. But my friends dont have any problems. We have the same provider.

Do you have a video of what kind of lags you are speaking of?

Just now, GreyGoose said:

I mean, the work of my provider has done a lot. But my friends dont have any problems. We have the same provider.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjRoIm3tMfoAhUryzgGHf85AGEQtwIINzAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8-LA0vNc1rc&usg=AOvVaw20UTavbB-BJo16J_MsEa9q

these kind

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

1 minute ago, GreyGoose said:

also this :

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

3 minutes ago, GreyGoose said:

Maybe your friends have problems but they don't see them.

Maybe they have better routers.

Maybe they lowering settings a little.

Or maybe they don't want to admit that they have problems.

For sure if internet is your problem, first you should try is to ask yourself - is your router cheap or free one from ISP or it's good router that can handle many connections etc. There is a reason why better routers costs more money. You don't get good expansive hardware for free from ISP.

Testing internet speed by downloading single file is not a good test for router. Even cheap and crappy one can do that. Multiple connections are the problem. Run some torrent (legal one, you can for example download Ubuntu using torrent protocol) and check what happens when you download from 200 sources at the same time.

1 minute ago, GreyGoose said:

My packet loss constastly shows 0%. So this is not the issue I am speaking of.

well, its hard to understand your problem then, could you be more elaborate?

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

WarZone is just buggy in general. My experience has been fine with it, but my friend literally has the same PC I do and he always has issues with just this game. Do you have all the latest drivers and updates?

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

12 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Maybe your friends have problems but they don't see them.

Maybe they have better routers.

Maybe they lowering settings a little.

Or maybe they don't want to admit that they have problems.

For sure if internet is your problem, first you should try is to ask yourself - is your router cheap or free one from ISP or it's good router that can handle many connections etc. There is a reason why better routers costs more money. You don't get good expansive hardware for free from ISP.

Testing internet speed by downloading single file is not a good test for router. Even cheap and crappy one can do that. Multiple connections are the problem. Run some torrent (legal one, you can for example download Ubuntu using torrent protocol) and check what happens when you download from 200 sources at the same time.

Be assured that a friend is more sensitive than me when it belongs to lags, screentearing etc. Same provier, same free routers of ISP. Lowering the settings wont affect the fps. Also making them higher doesnt make any difference.

I will try loading some torrents.