Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nine Tailed Fox

2070 super now or wait for ampere?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

Thread title

If you can wait than wait

   @Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

                EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

                EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

                EKWB EK Thermosphere 

                EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

                EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

                EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

                EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

                EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

                EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green





        He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumor is that Ampere might be delayed to September due to COVID

If a new GPU is a nice-to-have, then wait

if not, get it now.


Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.


Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List



Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change


HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it


"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

if you can wait. I'm currently waiting for the RTX 3080 ti or what ever the ti card is going to be named 

I've already saved up so I can get them around launch day. Will wait for 3rd party cards and water block availability though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can wait, wait. Same is always true, with anything.

Current PC:




Mothballed PC:



CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red



Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost have a stock response to "should I wait?"  


If you NEED the upgrade now, because your system isn't performing to your standards, then buy now.  


If your current system is running fine, and you can wait, then wait. 


BUT, don't wait for the next best thing, because it's never a good time to wait for that. You can wait until the next gen comes out, then you'll have to wait for the bugs to get sorted out, by then you'll be waiting for the next gen again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a 5700xt its cheaper and same performance really. Or wait for big navi and rtx 3000 . But if you really need it now nothing makes sence from 5700xt onwards, then its the 2080ti all alone at the top.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive just ordered my 2070s to replace my 1070ti


2070s will be fine for my 1440p needs for a couple of years and ive already waited.


Id say go for it, who knows what the future will bring. 2070s seems a great card.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I’m skipping the next generation and waiting for the one following that.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now