Audio issue's on dual recording PC setup (Avermedia Live Gamer 4k GC573)

SmileAsTheyDie

So recently I got a Avermedia Live Gamer 4K (GC573) and put it into my recording/streaming PC and had been toying around with settings for recording and I have been running into a variety of audio issues. Sometimes everything will work fine audio wise and then other times the audio will be very distorted and buzzing, sometimes the audio issues are regardless of what I am doing, sometimes the issue is only when I take a recording of my desktop but will be fine in a game, sometimes vice versa.

This issue can come and go while literally making no changes to the system at all. I noticed the issue at one point and went to go record a sample clip to demonstrate the issue and the sound was back to normal without me unplugging anything or making any setting change.

On the first day of having this capture card I would have instances where the audio issue would exist in OBS but not in RECentral though now any time the issue exists it seems to be the same in both programs. This has easily been the single most frustrating and inconsistent piece of technology I have ever used.

Does anybody have any idea on why this issue might be occurring and how I could go about resolving it? For reference I am using a dual PC recording setup. My main gaming system has a 8700k/16gb ram/1080ti and the recording PC has a R5 1600 AF/8GB ram/1650 super. I am using Voicemeeter Bannana to send the audio to the recording PC and hear it on my gaming PC, though when the issue comes up I have tried just sending the audio to the recording PC directly without using voicemeeter and listening to it afterwards the issue still persists so I don't believe voicemeeter is the issue. I have tried googling for this issue and I couldn't find anything that seemed like the issue I was having.

Here are some example clips of the issue:

https://streamable.com/unqr1

https://streamable.com/5pm5e

https://streamable.com/o72mi

https://streamable.com/f0t0u

I am also using the Live Gamer 4k (GC573) and have a dual PC setup that I just finished building and audio has been plaguing me since the beginning on the stream end, I am also using Voicemeeter since the GoXLR mini's are completely sold out. Audio sounds fine on the gaming PC and my mic sounds fine on discord (also on the gaming PC) I have this same audio distortion issue all the time, I also have issues where everything is high pitch, like if someone inhaled helium. 

On 4/5/2020 at 6:22 PM, GreeneGaming said:

I am also using the Live Gamer 4k (GC573) and have a dual PC setup that I just finished building and audio has been plaguing me since the beginning on the stream end, I am also using Voicemeeter since the GoXLR mini's are completely sold out. Audio sounds fine on the gaming PC and my mic sounds fine on discord (also on the gaming PC) I have this same audio distortion issue all the time, I also have issues where everything is high pitch, like if someone inhaled helium. 

Not sure if we are having the same exact issue but I was kind of dumbfounded by it, but I was able to resolve it on my end (or atleast mostly I did have 1 instance of a different audio issue but the quantity and scale of the old issue is gone). When I first got the GC573 and installed it into my system the first thing I did was install the RECentral software (even though I planned on using OBS) to turn off the lighting and to update the firmware. I was surprised that the firmware was already up to date but it was dated 2018. After days of dealing with this audio issue I posted asking for help on a discord server, on here, and on the avermedia subreddit. I got a response from an avermedia support person linking me to a driver. I downloaded and installed it and so far I have had no issues. Why I wasn't able to find this driver or get a update through the software and had to be linked to the driver only after asking on a subreddit is beyond me.

Perhaps you are in this same situation using the driver that came with the device and installing the driver linked in that post might resolve your issues as well. I have now moved on trying to find the best workaround for screen tearing in the recordings