Improving Deepcool Gammaxx 400 attachment

jm_bmw

Hi everyone,

I just got a Gammaxx 400 and thought the screws mount that comes with it would fit 1151 (I mistakenly assume that watching a review on Intel 2066).

Anyway, I hate those pins as they doesn't look strong enough and also seems to apply less pressure when compared to AMD version. Talking about it, I have that circular plastic adapter for AMD and would like to know if anyone has attempted to use it on the Gammaxx 400? I know it still uses push-pins but this design just seems better overall by aplying centralized pressure.

13700 . B760 . 32GB 6000C32 . 1TB+2TB M2 Gen4 . RTX 3080 . 55Q80A 4K@120Hz

Not sure about sizing but this push pins drives me nuts before so I took them out and replaced them with screws and springs, so you can do that if your mobo have backplate which you can screw it in. 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

The plastic push pins perform fine. I'd recommend using them and see how they perform before deciding on whether or not to change anything. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks, I will just get a better cooler with screw mountings/backplate, but I tested it and it works perfectly. Here is my results w/ 9900kf@4.7Ghz stock locked at 1.29-1.31vcore + MX-4 paste, 28C ambient temp.

With intel v. it started to throttle in 4min at 3% (not catched on HWinfo), AMD v. 6min at 4% (catched on HWinfo). Ran the test for 10min and overall everything seems the same but averages/graph seems a little better on AMD v. about 1-2C cooler.

Important to note that I didn't clean/replied paste to test on the amd v., also when I first tested the intel v. ambient temp was about 1-2C cooler so it had a slight advantage there.

I guess the AMD v. performs better but at the same time I expected a little more, the pins still do a great job.

13700 . B760 . 32GB 6000C32 . 1TB+2TB M2 Gen4 . RTX 3080 . 55Q80A 4K@120Hz