should you download your driver before or after you install a gpu?

UrBoi_DirtyBoi

Doesn't really matter

Whatever OS you use should have a basic display adapter that it will use before you or it finds and installs official ones

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

it does matter but only if you are going to OC your GPU otherwise it doesn't. my uncle works with computers and he told me this and as more proof I went from an AMD GPU to a NVidia without doing any DDU and mine is working just fine right now

Doesnt matter but typically it is after.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

it does matter but only if you are going to OC your GPU otherwise it doesn't

ummmm , what lol

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

ummmm , what lol

some programs will conflict with each other when you try to OC your GPU if you don't DDU the old ones first. go thru some of the threads on here I bet the moderators in here will confirm what I am saying with people saying that X GPU is having problems and a lot of those were solved by DDUing the old driver and installing the new one.

Just now, tdkid said:

some programs will conflict with each other when you try to OC your GPU if you don't DDU the old ones first. go thru some of the threads on here I bet the moderators in here will confirm what I am saying with people saying that X GPU is having problems and a lot of those were solved by DDUing the old driver and installing the new one.

yeah not the part i quoted , but i do appreciate the mansplianing of ddu like I'm an idiot

13 minutes ago, emosun said:

yeah not the part i quoted , but i do appreciate the mansplianing of ddu like I'm an idiot

oh I am just going to let this die right here and now otherwise we both will be gone from this forum, you because you will quit and then me because you will complain about me so no I am not going to go down this rabbit hole and prove to everyone here how you are the kind of person who thinks that someone giving someone correct info is mansplaining because there is no such word.

if you want to continue this though PM me.

its very entertaining to see posts about "pc's" become ridiculously "pc"