Is there any quality difference between EVGA BQ or BR units

Distorted_doggo

Found a great deal on a few psus on office depot of all places. They have an EVGA BQ and a BR variant, with the BR being about $15 cheaper. I know the BQ is modular but im already well over budget (prices are going up because of corona) and I'm not sure if I want to pay a premium for that modularity. Is the BQ made out of higher quality materials than the BR? I'll pay more for that because high quality psus are super expensive now.

Hey there. I believe the only difference between the EVGA BQ and BR variants is the modularity (is that a word?) -- BQ is semi-modular, BR is non-modular.

Correction: There are some slight differences in cable length, power output, and build quality (e.g. Japanese capacitors, fluid dynamic bearing fans vs long sleeve bearing fans) between the two, but I'm not sure the differences it will be noticeable.

Source: EVGA 500 BQ and EVGA 500 BR by EVGA.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

BR is based off a similar design as Cooler Master's Masterwatt, Cougar's LX or Corsair's CV650, but downgraded and only tested up to 30c.

BQ is also a HEC made design, but based off what looks like a different platform. even if it is 40c rated, the OTP isn't found working after testing at over 150c on the secondary heatsink.

both are in my eyes mediocre, maybe good enough for a budget system, but not much further than that. generally there are better choices around the price