Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toxic_Fate

SolidWorks And other Cad

Posted · Original PosterOP

Im trying t get a solidworks licence because Id like to try it vs paying so much for autocad which version does ltt use?

Does it matter which one they use? Just use the one you can afford or prefer to use.

Depending on what you're doing even something simple like Tinkercad or something more fully-featured like FreeCAD would be your best bet.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

The products are essentially same, its just toolsets that are different depending on what you need to do with the thing. So rather than use what LMG uses, you should check the site against what you are trying to use it for.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I use Autodesk Fusion 360, its free for Students, and Hobbyists.

Just a kinda normal a 15 year old kid.

Internet: 1Gbps/1Gbps Bahnhof.

Workstation: Dell XPS 9570, Ubuntu 19.04 with Budgie VM, I7-8750H, 16GB RAM, 1TB NVME, Dell Thunderbolt dock.

Gaming Machine: R7 1800X @ 3.8GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, RTX 2070, 1TB NVME, GB B450 MB, Windows 10

Storage Server: Supermirco X11SDV-4C-TP8F, Xeon D-2123IT, 64GB @ 2600MHz, Ubuntu 18.04, 8x6TB RAIDz2, Quadro P2000

Backup: Synology 4bay, 4x4TB SHR.

Backup off-site (Grandma): Synogloy 2bay, 2x3TB RAID0, 100Mbps/100Mbps.

Proxmox Node1: Xeon Silver 4212 10Core, 96GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz, 2x1TB RAIDz1 VM, 4x2TB Ceph, Tesla T4.

Proxmox Node2: Xeon Silver 4212 10Core, 96GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz, 2x1TB RAIDz1 VM, 4x2TB Ceph.

Solidworks Standard give you most basic tools. If you plan to use electrical routing you need Premium. If you want to do electrical drawings you need the module Electrical which also require at least Premium. Molding plastic is another module for advance stuff. As someone else said pricing wise if you just plan to do basic stuff, Autodesk Fusion is free for hobbyist vs up to 3,000$-15,000$ for solidworks.

I'm going to second the Fusion 360 comment. There are a ton of great tutorial videos online. John at NYCCNC on youtube, has a ton of great videos that teach people about it, while he is also transitioning from SW. It's free to use, and is a complete CAD/CAM package. Can't beat that. 

3 hours ago, zeeshan_sid said:

You can use SketchUp software as an alternative to CAD. 

SketchUp is essentially same as CAD (Computer Assisted Drawing). They have free online version besides paid Pro and 2D versions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv