Dedicated Stream Box cheap as can be

Agalor

I am wanting to build a dedicated stream box to run my church's live stream. Currently managing it on an old gaming laptop with i7-3610qm and gt540m with 1080p, 60 fps, 4500 bitrate. Main reason for upgrade is to give a dedicated computer that can be set up so that even the tech illiterate people can use that isn't my old personal laptop.

Wanting to stream out using OBS software encoding at 1080p, 60 fps with highest bitrate I can handle running Win 10 pro.

I was looking at something like a Ryzen 3 3200g, ideally using the built in Vega 8. Would this handle it or should I give it some more wiggle room. Keep in mind I want this at as low a price point as can manage this one task well with enough headroom to allow for future proofing any changes for lets say, the next 10 years.

Essentially everything besides cpu, gpu, and motherboard I can scrounge from old gear.

Last note is I am brand new to streaming so the intricacies are new to me. If I am missing something or you have any tips to help me avoid hurdles let me know. I have built gaming pcs many times but nothing on the streaming side.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to note is that I would likely be running it through a dock with two lower end monitors so that I can secure the PC from the public through a wall while still having decent access.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who may have a similar question here is what I ended up doing.

I went with a pre-built for convenience and honestly I couldn't really find the parts any cheaper. I was mistaken about how much I could reuse so that helped push me in this direction as it would have ended up being basically a new build anyway. https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/0184782/HP-M01-F0016-Desktop-PC-AMD/

The Ryzen 5 3400g provided enough muscle for my setup and allow me to get even more out of the stream while keeping costs low. For the price difference I would recommend such a setup as going down to the 4 threads with Ryzen 3 will likely cause issues with keeping up in the stream at desired quality levels.