Can i duplicate a monitor connected to the gpu if the other one is connected to the cpu?

Randum

I'm thinking of ordering a monitor, but i can only connect the one i already have to the gpu (1060 3gb) and i dont want to order and wait for an adapter, but i want to use the new one for gaming cause its a 1080p not like the 1280x1024 i have, so i thought could i duplicate the 1280x1024 which is connected to gpu to the new one which would be connected to the cpu (intel 2000 graphics)?

Okay so I have a similar set-up and I've just tried this. You can duplicate and extend two displays if the main one is connected to the GPU and the other to the CPU, however I have two 1080p 16:9 monitors, and when I set the other one to a 4:3 resolution and duplicate my main one, the second monitor goes back to 16:9. I'd imagine you can still duplicate the main one but you'll get black bars at the top and bottom. First do check if your CPU or motherboard supports dual monitors with both GPU and CPU input.

29 minutes ago, Randum said:

I'm thinking of ordering a monitor, but i can only connect the one i already have to the gpu (1060 3gb) and i dont want to order and wait for an adapter, but i want to use the new one for gaming cause its a 1080p not like the 1280x1024 i have, so i thought could i duplicate the 1280x1024 which is connected to gpu to the new one which would be connected to the cpu (intel 2000 graphics)?