Is an ek se 360mm rad enough?

Recently I finished my first hardline custom loop and have had difficulty overclocking my i9 9900k without reaching 90c (during stress tests). My Gpu on the other hand does not exceed 40c while under load. Currently my graphics card is far to big to allow for more than one radiator support without installation difficulty. The only way I can mount it is vertically as the side panel does not fit otherwise. Any suggestions?

Voltage and power consumption on the 9900K?

Maybe remount your block?

That rad should be more than enough.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Voltage and power consumption on the 9900K?

Maybe remount your block?

That rad should be more than enough.

Voltage while under stress test was around 1.37volts (pretty high)and I already tried remounting the water block. Voltage the issue? Honestly I don’t know much about overclocking so I had trouble with voltage offsets/undervolting.

I would check if there is a bubble or something in your CPU block. If the CPU and GPU are in the same loop, 90C on one device and 40C on the other is unheard of in my opinion.  (You did remove the plastic wrap on the CPU block right?  :P)  Otherwise your CPU has some crappy IHS underneath the lid.

Just now, xentropa said:

I would check if there is a bubble or something in your CPU block. If the CPU and GPU are in the same loop, 90C on one device and 40C on the other is unheard of in my opinion.

Yeah it didn’t make much sense to me either. I assume the air bubble is visible? (Just figuring out a way to identify it)

3 minutes ago, ZeratorRules said:

Yeah it didn’t make much sense to me either. I assume the air bubble is visible? (Just figuring out a way to identify it)

I don't know if your CPU block has a clear acrylic cover that lets you see the inside, but if it doesn't you could try rotating or shaking your entire computer case a bit in hopes that will get it out, or most bubbles will come out on their own after enough time.

Does your radiator get hot?  In my loop, if I shut off all the fans to my radiator and just circulate the water, when the CPU and GPU reaches around 70c, the radiator gets noticeably hot.  A 90C CPU in the loop, the radiator would feel like a hot cup of coffee by that point.

I can’t physically touch the radiator but the fans  but heat being pulled from the system is not incredibly hot. However when I drained the loop shortly after running a stress test to remount the water block the coolant was fairly warm. It makes no sense that the gpu temps are low and the cpu is at 90c especially since it’s all one loop.

10 minutes ago, xentropa said:

I don't know if your CPU block has a clear acrylic cover that lets you see the inside, but if it doesn't you could try rotating or shaking your entire computer case a bit in hopes that will get it out, or most bubbles will come out on their own after enough time.

Does your radiator get hot?  In my loop, if I shut off all the fans to my radiator and just circulate the water, when the CPU and GPU reaches around 70c, the radiator gets noticeably hot.  A 90C CPU in the loop, the radiator would feel like a hot cup of coffee by that point.

How is my gpu running at around 40c with my cpu at 90c ish??

20 minutes ago, xentropa said:

I would check if there is a bubble or something in your CPU block. If the CPU and GPU are in the same loop, 90C on one device and 40C on the other is unheard of in my opinion.  (You did remove the plastic wrap on the CPU block right?  :P)  Otherwise your CPU has some crappy IHS underneath the lid.

Yes I removed the plastic wrap and I don’t see any air bubbles.

7ECA97E6-FFAB-4D7C-9F0C-58230E720B84.jpeg

E41E6E0E-E11B-4B45-A758-FBE640E7E61A.jpeg

Well either I can’t read numbers or one thing happens to my computer because I am reading 60-75c temps on my cpu and 25c for my gpu/still strange how the gpu is 25c.image.thumb.jpg.a8d73a831602a1dde7ed3207bc66037f.jpg

Actually I have a question about your setup

Is there some kind of barrier where the red line is drawn?  It looks like all those holes are all circumscribed by a single gasket which implies it is one reservoir.  If that is the case, then you have two inflow pipes connected to your CPU, which means more or less 0 net waterflow.

This is how I ascertain your flow diagram.

waterflow.png

3 minutes ago, xentropa said:

Actually I have a question about your setup

Is there some kind of barrier where the red line is drawn?  It looks like all those holes are all circumscribed by a single gasket which implies it is one reservoir.  If that is the case, then you have two inflow pipes connected to your CPU, which means more or less 0 net waterflow.

This is how I ascertain your flow diagram.

Coolant does not flow between that barrier/ it exits the radiator goes through the cpu and out to the gpu.

3 minutes ago, xentropa said:

waterflow.png

Is there any way you can stick a thermometer to those metal fittings on your CPU block?  If those fittings are pretty hot, then you may have some kind of water flow issue.

The inflow fitting should also be a bit cooler than the outflow.

4 minutes ago, xentropa said:

Is there any way you can stick a thermometer to those metal fittings on your CPU block?  If those fittings are pretty hot, then you may have some kind of water flow issue.

The inflow fitting should also be a bit cooler than the 

I’ll probably order an infrared thermometer instead. (Prob. easier than attaching thermometers)

2 minutes ago, ZeratorRules said:

I’ll probably order an infrared thermometer instead. (Prob. easier than attaching thermometers)

Well if it were my PC, Id stick my hand in and touch it.  I won't recommend others to do the same. :P

Just now, xentropa said:

Well if it were my PC, Id stick my hand in and touch it.  I won't recommend others to do the same. :P

Lol

Wouldn’t be enough for me, 420 is my minimum. For any of my builds. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

On 3/31/2020 at 8:39 AM, ZeratorRules said:

Well either I can’t read numbers or one thing happens to my computer because I am reading 60-75c temps on my cpu and 25c for my gpu/still strange how the gpu is 25c.image.thumb.jpg.a8d73a831602a1dde7ed3207bc66037f.jpg

I saw you have an O11 of some sort. You could try to attach a second max. 45mm radiator to the other chamber where your intake fans are. Tubing there will be hard (that's why I stick with soft tubing) but not impossible.