First PS4 PC

HoganKevin8997

Im sorry dude, but your system absolutely, 100% will not be able to emulate ps4 titles.

Why not save up for somethink like a ryzen 5 with a rx 570/580 and put it in a proper case...that would be way more powerful for pc gaming.

8 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

The jaguar cpu is not a polaris 11...Thats the closest comparison only.  To be better when paired or equal too.  Pair a lessor gpu like mine with a better cpu then the jaguar and it will be better hardware wise every time.

My computer im a ps4 is better period

3 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

My computer im a ps4 is better period

Even if it were, you're comparing this 5-6 year old gen i7 and budget gpu to relatively weak hardware in a console. Exactly what are you attempting to prove?

The jaguar apu is a combo chip so make a better ratio combo and win every time.  I could put a i7-4790K in my computer if i wanted that has a base frequency of 4.0ghz and can turbo boost to 4.4... thats the end of this argument...Pair that cpu with any decent gpu and the ratio of computing power will win every time...My computer in a game console case will win every time.

Just now, steelo said:

Even if it were, you're comparing this 4th gen i7 and budget gpu to an outdated gaming system. Exactly who are you really trying to prove this to?

Anyone who likes to modd game consoles and make something old new again.  and to spark new ideas for old game consoles or old computers. 

Its my hobby and it s fun for me.  I don't want you guys to shut me down and shut down this idea in the future for other people. 

4 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

Anyone who likes to modd game consoles and make something old new again.  and to spark new ideas for old game consoles or old computers. 

How much money did you spend on the hardware versus a used ps4?

I could put my pc hardware in an atari, but it doesnt make it a 'new atari'

The conso

2 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

The game console resale market in the future and all dedicated retro gamers

3 minutes ago, steelo said:

I could put my pc hardware in an atari, but it doesnt make it an atari

Less than a jailbroken ps4 these days would cost without build and modd issues.  Meaning accidents and mistakes.  That others won't have to make and might not make. 

Just now, HoganKevin8997 said:

Less than a jailbroken ps4 these days would cost without build and modd issues.  Meaning accidents and mistakes.  That others won't have to make and migh not make. 

1 minute ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

Less than a jailbroken ps4 these days would cost without build and modd issues.  Meaning accidents and mistakes.  That others won't have to make and might not make. 

What OS are you running that allows you to play ps4 titles?

5 minutes ago, steelo said:

Well if not for build errors hand on a minute i will look up what i spent

Well if not for build errors hand on a minute i will look up what i spent

Thats alright man, what os are you running?

30 minutes ago, steelo said:

With everything 641 $ with no mistakes.

22 minutes ago, steelo said:

Thats alright man, what os are you running?

26 minutes ago, steelo said:

31 minutes ago, steelo said:

with mistakes 907 $

with mistakes 907 $

Now with that being said most people buying or building a gaming rig spend that or budget it at 400 to 500 $

28 minutes ago, steelo said:

slow down i just looked up my purchase history going back 2 years to give an accurate price to build this thing.

37 minutes ago, steelo said:

While i built this machine i had 1 power supply stop working and 1 mother board stop working so i had to built it twice to get it right that's where the 900 $ bill comes from using really good hardware...  That blows ps4  and ps4 pro out of the water.  But you could do this for far less using cheaper hardware.  this build is a cheap build if you use cheaper hardware that still beats a ps4.  you could use a cheaper power supply then the one i used and save 60 $ and put a i5 in the system and save 40-50 $ and use less ram and save some more there.  This idea can be built and enjoyed for less than a jailbroken ps4 would cost with upgrade capability in mind

While i built this machine i had 1 power supply stop working and 1 mother board stop working so i had to built it twice to get it right that's where the 900 $ bill comes from using really good hardware...  That blows ps4 and ps4 out of the water.  But you could do this for far less using cheaper hardware.  this build is a cheap build if you use cheaper hardware that still beats a ps4.  you could use a cheaper power supply then the one i used and save 60 $ and put a i5 in the system and save 40-50 $ and use less ram and save some more there.  This idea can be build and enjoyed for less than a jailbroken ps4 would cost. 

You'll have a pc that is technically more powerful than a ps4 but still isn't powerful enough to emulate ps4 games...

2 minutes ago, steelo said:

You'll have a pc that is technically more powerful than a ps4 but still isn't powerful enough to emulate ps4 games...

Until the technical side catches up , but ps now subscription allows you to play ps4 exclusives on your pc as long as you own a ps4 and have a ps4 account.  Emulation will catch up on the most beloved titles eventually anyway. 

You have some interesting claims, I'd love to clarify.  Also I feel kind of badm like I'm triggering some kind of compulsion loop here or something.

Fish out of water Polaris 11 would not beat a Gt 1030 GDDR5

First you are claiming that a GT 1030 beats any Polaris 11 GPU arch?  So we take a computer, plug in a GT 1030, and runs some benchmarks, then remove the GT 1030, plug in the RX470, and run the benchmarks again.  You are stating that the GT 1030 benchmarks will exceed the RX470 benchmarks.

Because that's frankly total garbage.  The RX470 was typically recommend over the GTX 1050Ti given its performance edge.  The GTX 1050Ti and GT 1030 are both Pascal cards and the GTX 1050Ti was two increments ahead of the GT 1030 in nVidia's lineup, you're arguing the sky isn't blue at this point.

The jaguar cpu is not a polaris 11...Thats the closest comparison only.  To be better when paired or equal too.  Pair a lessor gpu like mine with a better cpu then the jaguar and it will be better hardware wise every time.

PS4 shipped with a HD7870 that had two units disabled due to power and cooling concerns.

PS4 Pro shipped with a downclocked RX 480, which is Polaris 11.  So when comparing GPU abilities, to call it comparable to the PS4 Pro, it needs to slide in between the RX470 and RX480, the two Polaris 11 cards.

Sure some other things were done to glue them onto the overall Neo and Livermore chips, but that's what the graphic components were.

There is a bunch of other stuff going on here.  At some level you seem to want to claim whatever lets you win the argument.  Like your comments about Microsoft Office to me all of a sudden and your comments about emulation to steelo.  First I'd point you back at the fact I agree that a Haswell + GT 1030 is better for CPU heavy tasks.  However people are responding to your claims the GT 1030 is superior graphically.  There is no situation when playing a 3D gaming title that the GT 1030 trumps any Polaris 11 part, be it the RX470, the RX480, or the Polaris 11 part in the Pro.

Second as for emulation, Pascal doesn't have a true hardware scheduler for async compute which hurts it with regard to running Vulkan and DX12 titles.  See for example Maxwell and Pascal cards poor showing in the recently Doom Eternal benchmarks.  At the end of the day when the PS4 emulator does mature, you're going to be trying to play PS4 games on something that lacks hardware level async (and 99.99% chance the emulator is going to be written to use Vulkan), has a GPU that only enjoys a slight edge over the PS4's cut down HD 7870 and is outclassed by the downclocked in the PS4 Pro, and won't be emulating anything.  Since the rule is you need to bring significantly more computing to the table than the console had so as to deal with the emulation overhead.  Even if all the instruction sets line up, you're still running the PlayStation OS on top of Windows or Linux to come degree.

If it's your hobby cool, all my builds are hobbiest and don't make perfect sense.  But misleading claims about the capabilities of a machine you've stated you want to try to sell others is not cool.

Until the technical side catches up , but ps now subscription allows you to play ps4 exclusives on your pc as long as you own a ps4 and have a ps4 account.  Emulation will catch up on the most beloved titles eventually anyway. 

There are not that many ps4 games to date that warrant buying a ps4... Few beloved titles will be worth buying a ps4 for...

5 minutes ago, Egad said:

You have some interesting claims, I'd love to clarify.  Also I feel kind of badm like I'm triggering some kind of compulsion loop here or something.

First you are claiming that a GT 1030 beats any Polaris 11 GPU arch?  So we take a computer, plug in a GT 1030, and runs some benchmarks, then remove the GT 1030, plug in the RX470, and run the benchmarks again.  You are stating that the GT 1030 benchmarks will exceed the RX470 benchmarks.

Because that's frankly total garbage.  The RX470 was typically recommend over the GTX 1050Ti given its performance edge.  The GTX 1050Ti and GT 1030 are both Pascal cards and the GTX 1050Ti was two increments ahead of the GT 1030 in nVidia's lineup, you're arguing the sky isn't blue at this point.

PS4 shipped with a HD7870 that had two units disabled due to power and cooling concerns.

PS4 Pro shipped with a downclocked RX 480, which is Polaris 11.  So when comparing GPU abilities, to call it comparable to the PS4 Pro, it needs to slide in between the RX470 and RX480, the two Polaris 11 cards.

Sure some other things were done to glue them onto the overall Neo and Livermore chips, but that's what the graphic components were.

There is a bunch of other stuff going on here.  At some level you seem to want to claim whatever lets you win the argument.  Like your comments about Microsoft Office to me all of a sudden and your comments about emulation to steelo.  First I'd point you back at the fact I agree that a Haswell + GT 1030 is better for CPU heavy tasks.  However people are responding to your claims the GT 1030 is superior graphically.  There is no situation when playing a 3D gaming title that the GT 1030 trumps any Polaris 11 part, be it the RX470, the RX480, or the Polaris 11 part in the Pro.

Second as for emulation, Pascal doesn't have a true hardware scheduler for async compute which hurts it with regard to running Vulkan and DX12 titles.  See for example Maxwell and Pascal cards poor showing in the recently Doom Eternal benchmarks.  At the end of the day when the PS4 emulator does mature, you're going to be trying to play PS4 games on something that lacks hardware level async (and 99.99% chance the emulator is going to be written to use Vulkan), has a GPU that only enjoys a slight edge over the PS4's cut down HD 7870 and is outclassed by the downclocked in the PS4 Pro, and won't be emulating anything.  Since the rule is you need to bring significantly more computing to the table than the console had so as to deal with the emulation overhead.  Even if all the instruction sets line up, you're still running the PlayStation OS on top of Windows or Linux to come degree.

If it's your hobby cool, all my builds are hobbiest and don't make perfect sense.  But misleading claims about the capabilities of a machine you've stated you want to try to sell others is not cool.

I will say again pair and pair and pair again.   That gpu is a stuck pair... Better or not and i still think it isn't because the jaguar is a combo chip... Its power is drawn from optimized software, not raw hardware capability or power... If i pair my gpu or an upgraded gpu with a better cpu... it will still win i computing ability and gaming anything that is made to run on a pc... as well as the ps4...  A game made to run on pc and ps4 will always run better on pc... The GT 1030 GDDR5 is better because it is a dedicated GPU that can be paired with any cpu of choice of any power of choice or affordability... For the consumer hardware past time gamer...

9 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

There are not that many ps4 games to date that warrant buying a ps4... Few beloved titles will be worth buying a ps4 for...

The good news is in the future as hardware progresses, you should eventually once again be able to enjoy those titles. I could be wrong, but I don't believe there really is a good ps4 emulator out yet...if there is, current hardware would most likely really struggle with the emulation.

I will say again pair and pair and pair again.   That gpu is a stuck pair... Better or not and i still think it isn't because the jaguar is a combo chip... Its power is drawn from optimized software, not raw hardware capability or power... If i pair my gpu or an upgraded gpu with a better cpu... it will still win in computing ability and gaming anything that is made to run on a pc... as well as the ps4...  A game made to run on pc and ps4 will always run better on pc... The GT 1030 GDDR5 is better because it is a dedicated GPU that can be paired with any cpu of choice of any power of choice or affordability... For the consumer hardware past time gamer...