First PS4 PC

HoganKevin8997
4 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

I app

I appreciate your input but my system performs well enough for me and most past time gamers would agree.  The ps4 is not better than the system i built.  With 16gb of system ram and a devils canyon this thing would fly

What do you mean by 'better' exactly? Im not being smart, just curious.

If you want to run some pc titles and this is good enough for you, then thats all that matters. I highly question whether it could run ps4 games though...

Dont worry what others say.

I

8 minutes ago, steelo said:

rx 480 > gt 1030...this isnt debatable

I could pair a ryzen 9 with a gt 1030...it will still not ne able to play ps4 games.

the rx480 is only equavalent because of the apu combination if you did the math and made the gpu function alone i would be far less than a rx 480 i believe.  Its hard to measure a apu

Just now, HoganKevin8997 said:

I

the rx480 is only equavalent because of the apu combination if you did the math and made the gpu function alone i would be far less than a rx 480 i believe.  Its hard to measure a apu

What games are you refering too?  If i used a game on pc that is on ps4 my system would win every time.  You mean the exclusive titles only then. 

Just now, HoganKevin8997 said:

I

You also need to consider ps4 titles are designed SPECIFICALLY for that apu. Everything is optimized to run on that specific hardware. You are throwing in completely different hardware and saying it will run ps4 titles just as well before even testing...

1 minute ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

What games are you refering too?  If i used a game on pc that is on ps4 my system would win every time.  You mean the exclusive titles only then. 

Witch is optimized for there hardware only anyway. 

3 minutes ago, steelo said:

You also need to consider ps4 titles are designed SPECIFICALLY for that apu. Everything is optimized to run on that specific hardware. You are throwing in completely different hardware and saying it will run ps4 titles just as well before even testing...

How could a 1.5 gpu and cpu beat a 2.5 ghz system that can turbo boost to 3.7 ghz.  Its not possible even with optimized hardware.  The system specs could not  beat my system if i boost clock my gpu and overclock and lock my cpu at 3.6 ghz

How could a 1.5 gpu and cpu beat a 2.5 ghz system that can turbo boost to 3.7 ghz.  Its not possible even with optimized hardware.  The system specs could not  beat my system if i boost clock my gpu and overclock and lock my cpu at 3.6 ghz

Partly because it has a stronger gpu and software optimized to more efficiently use it.

4 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

At that rate there is nothing the ps4 could do better than my system except do the thing only it is allowed to to.   Witch is how sony makes its money is not letting people play there exclusive titles and we have a the console market and console gaming and all the console games we like so much anyway.  I like consoles but i don't like how limited consoles are on what they can do.  I believe that if sony let people do whatever they wanted with there systems and just made all the exploits and all that stuff to run different os they would make more money than trying to stop people  from doing it.  

23 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

Sony GPU is over rated because its an apu.  The jaguar can't beat my system. clocked at 1.5 ghz or 2.1ghz

Also, I forgot to mention that you're going to need an emulator to run ps4 titles. You cant just build a pc, put in a ps4 disk and expect it to run. As far as Im aware, even a top of the line spec pc wont be able to run at native resolutions/frame rates.

2 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

At that rate there is nothing the ps4 could do better than my system except do the thing only it is allowed to to.   Witch is how sony makes its money is not letting people play there exclusive titles and we have a the console market and console gaming and all the console games we like so much anyway.  I like consoles but i don't like how limited consoles are on what they can do.  I believe that if sony let people do whatever they wanted with there systems and just made all the exploits and all that stuff to run different os they would make more money than trying to stop people  from doing it.  

5 minutes ago, steelo said:

Partly because it has a stronger gpu and software optimized to more efficiently use it.

At the point of maxing out my system that wouldn't matter even now were my system is it wouldn't matter.  My system is better period hardware wise.  There gpu is no better then a geforce gt 1030 gddr5 paired my cpu and my ram no way.  I could put a gt 1050 low profile inside as well if i rearranged my system.

At the point of maxing out my system that wouldn't matter even now were my system is it wouldn't matter.  My system is better period hardware wise.  There gpu is no better then a geforce gt 1030 gddr5 paired my cpu and my ram no way.  I could put a gt 1050 low profile inside as well if i rearranged my system.

Hardware wise its not far behind. Still though, you're not going to be able to play ps4 titles without emulation. I dont even know if they have ps4 emulators out yet...

1 minute ago, steelo said:

Also, I forgot to mention that you're going to need an emulator to run ps4 titles. As far as Im aware, even a top of the line spec pc wont be able to run at native resolutions/frame rates.

That what i mean Sony makes its money that way... Time takes that from them eventually anyway.  They just get ahead for a few years each time they develop some special custom hardware.  Then in time consumer hardware catches up and makes there systems irrelevant then by that time hopefully they have another custom piece of hardware to sell us in time.  Eventually Sony will have to adapt to survive and make there custom system to be open to upgrades and options operating systems.  itx and stx is the future of gaming and computing not game consoles as much as i like my ps1 and ps2 and n64 and my game boy and my snes and regualr nes there all a thing that will fade away. 

16 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

That's what i mean..., Sony makes its money... that way... Time takes that from them eventually anyway.  They just get ahead for a few years each time they develop some special custom hardware.  Then in time consumer hardware catches up and makes there systems irrelevant then by that time hopefully they have another custom piece of hardware to sell us in time.  Eventually Sony will have to adapt to survive and make there custom system to be open to upgrades and optional operating systems.  itx and stx is the future of gaming and computing..., not game consoles as much as i like my ps1 and ps2 and n64 and my game boy and my snes and regualr nes there all a thing that will fade away. But there will always be a place for them.  Modded and painted and saved from the dumbster by me. 

iI will be sad to see consoles go if they go in my time.  Cause i like console gaming too as well as pc gaming

8 minutes ago, steelo said:

Hardware wise its not far behind. Still though, you're not going to be able to play ps4 titles without emulation. I dont even know if they have ps4 emulators out yet...

You can play ps4 titles with psnow subscription if you own a ps4 witch i don't.  I don't have a sony account anymore linked to a ps4 to play ps4 titles.  if you own a ps4 you can play ps4 exclusive games on your pc

I have turned around roached filled playstation 1s with a new paint job and some modds for close to 200 $ each.  I think thats cool and thats my hobbie. 

Your hobbies are your hobbies man and follow your bliss.  But making claims that a GT 1030 beats a Polaris 11 based part is just plain wrong.  A GT1030 doesn't even beat a Polaris 10 (the RX460) in Firestrike and other graphical benchmarks.  T

While I would agree a Haswell + (pretty much any GPU that can survive on just 75w of PCIe power) is a better option for games known to be heavy on the CPU relative to their GPU load (Source engine titles, certain eSports titles, grand strategy games, etc), it's a much less well rounded gaming setup than just a straight PS4 Pro. 

I usally lose money doing it but i like to do it.  right now i have playstation 2s fat model with 180 watt power supplies in them instead of 90 watts  i have 2 for sale on ebay with paint jobs on them cheap an expensive paint. meaning auto or non auto paint.  Playstation 2 is my favorite game console of all time.  It was the last console i really played before i stopped gaming for years.  Most of the games i play are the remake from ps1 and ps2.  Anywayway. I put imac power supplies in ps2 and painted them as a powers upply upgrade check it out.  Just cause i suck at chipping them and there a pain the butt to overclock, i said screw it new look better cooling and a bigger power supply fat model ps2.  I put a 180 watt imac power supply in a ps2 and a high quality 12 volt delta fan in the system as well but painted it.  Cause im a painter or paint prepper or was.  The 180 watt imac powers supply has 3 12 volt rails so it can fully power the motherboard of the fat model ps2 and fully power s 12 volt delta psu fan.  Double wattage ps2 better fan and new paint job. Also my ps1 overclocked with a fan and a step up converter and a switch for the disc drive so you can run the disc with the lid up

006.JPG

130.JPG

010.JPG

166.JPG

128.JPG

3 minutes ago, Egad said:

Your hobbies are your hobbies man and follow your bliss.  But making claims that a GT 1030 beats a Polaris 11 based part is just plain wrong.  A GT1030 doesn't even beat a Polaris 10 (the RX460) in Firestrike and other graphical benchmarks.  T

While I would agree a Haswell + (pretty much any GPU that can survive on just 75w of PCIe power) is a better option for games known to be heavy on the CPU relative to their GPU load (Source engine titles, certain eSports titles, grand strategy games, etc), it's a much less well rounded gaming setup than just a straight PS4 Pro. 

GPU isn't that relevant to overall performance as you just stated.  Overall my system is better.  Try filling out a job app or doing a video interview with a ps4 pro.  Or using microsoft office. or the hundreds of apps available to windows 10 windows 7 and a fully functional linux distro of your choice. 

138.JPG

6 minutes ago, Egad said:

My system can be upgraded... its not maxed out

17 minutes ago, Egad said:

I could have set my power supply right and my hard drive to the left and put a longer butt gpu  low profile like the the gtx 1050 low profile passive cooled but i didn't think of it just yet when i first made my system.  the gpu is no a polaris 11 its based on a polaris 11... there is a massive difference the polaris 11 is a dedicated gpu while the ps4 jaguar cpu is a apu combo machine that boast great yield in combo only... separated... not so much.  Fish out of water polaris 11 it would be.  No Matter what.  A pc beats a console because it can be upgraded.... End of story...

21 minutes ago, Egad said:

The jaguar cpu is not a polaris 11...Thats the closest comparison only.  To be better when paired or equal too.  Pair a lessor gpu like mine with a better cpu then the jaguar and it will be better hardware wise every time.

The ps4 pro and ps4 gpu is overated and inflated by the combo chip and die  specification... It is a custom chip... But even if its gpu is really better separated from the cpu, then the  gt 1030 paired with a better cpu will be better every time like the person above just said. 

I used affordable consumer hardware to make this thing.  Not years of secrets and BS... All and all im happy with it... I like it better then a ps4.  Because i can do whatever i want to with it.  the gpu on the jaguar die is not that good.  A pc would always win.  because it can be upgraded and gives you options.