Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HoganKevin8997

First PS4 PC

24 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

What exactly would burn the house down?  Seriously your backing the other person on here... You have no idea what is safe or isn't in this system. I put it together and i do.  I can tell you everthing is fine with it.  Everything is mounted and insulated well.  So again what exactly do you think would catch fire after the 110v passes through 3 emi and rf filters before the power ever reaches my power supply then i modded that power supply with larger low esr capacitors and the motherboard with larger low esr capacitors.  Its only a 500 watt flex atx, and the system doesn't even use all that.  Its a very power efficient computer.  I didn't put the power sucking components in the system i used something a little on the lower cooler side on purpose cause there is no room in the case for all the heat to go. 

Plastic is flammable, isnt it? As far as beating ps4 specs...you're not going to do that with a gt 1030...if Im not mistaken, the closest comparable gpu is a rx 480...anyways, its pointless to argue...you've had several comments that this system looks to be unsafe. We arent trying to knock you down, just open your eyes that this thing can potentially be a safety hazard.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Here is another idea i have had success with in the past with a ps4.  The disc drives or blue ray drives are all starting too go out in the original ps4s now.  So i decided to take the disc drive out and use a second fan instead.  I also put a larger flex atx power supply inside the original ps4.  I call this the ps4 Fish bowl mod.  So if you duplicated call it the fish bowl mod.  You have to keep the paired ps4 disc drive board otherwise you won't be able to update the system though.  But there you go this is my idea for a dual fan ps4 that will run twice as cool.  Cut a hole where the disc drive used to be that probably doesn't work anymore anyway.  and put another ps4 fan in there.  I never paralleled the fans though using the original sony power supply but that was suggested to me by someone i would know to be an expert with sony products to be possible.  I used a flex atx power supply to power my ps4 with 2 fans in it.  The issue i had was updating so i abandoned this simple fan upgrade after i had gotten it to work.  Cause i didn't plan on keeping the sister motherboard so you can still update the sony firmware.  So if you do this to your system you have to keep the sony daughter motherboard witch is paried with the cpu and is located on top of the disc drive.  Otherwise you won't be able to update your system.  This idea would be awesome for a jailbroken ps4 user to try and imporve the colling an assistant fan that fits inside perfectly.  Like the alienware steam machine.  Call it the fish bowl ps4 fan modd. 

007.JPG

008.JPG

I also suggest you spray paint the case to offset the uglyness of the case modd but you can completely pain those fans cause there sealed well.  With no masking even.  except on the plug

It simple effective and ingenious. The dual fan ps4 modd after your blue ray player stops working.  It does work i have done it. 

I call it the PS4 Fish Bowl Modd.  I wanted start buying up all the older ps4s and doing this to them then paint them and sell them after they get a little older or after ps5 comes out. 

I wish sony would have made a ps4 like this with dual fans.  Without a paired sister board.  Double the cooling The fish bowl PS4  with a larger power supply and 2 fans.  If i made a few of these and painted them would any of you buy them.  If i build one really nice.  After the system are forgotten and full of dead bugs and stuff console modders know what i mean.  I would do this to them after they age and there hardware is no longer relevant.  Hey if you do this to a ps4 the dual fan call it the FISH BOWL MODD.  for me. 

1 hour ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

I even got drunk and knocked it off my desk more than once onto the floor and the system still works.

It’s clearly a victim of fetal alcohol syndrome

-it’s scuff Gang btw, I hated the name and needed a change
Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx580 @1.45ghz mem=2100mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 @3800mhz

mobo: Asus b450f

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

12 minutes ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

I call it the PS4 Fish Bowl Modd.  I wanted start buying up all the older ps4s and doing this to them then paint them and sell them after they get a little older or after ps5 comes out. 

I would not recommend selling fire hazards to the general public...

AMD blackout rig

24 minutes ago, steelo said:

Plastic is flammable, isnt it? As far as beating ps4 specs...you're not going to do that with a gt 1030...if Im not mistaken, the closest comparable gpu is a rx 480...anyways, its pointless to argue...you've had several comments that this system looks to be unsafe. We arent trying to knock you down, just open your eyes that this thing can potentially be a safety hazard.

It does beat it look at the bench mark scores of my system on geek bench 4 https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15242133

1 minute ago, scuff gang said:

I would not recommend selling fire hazards to the general public...

haha yeah  i mean the other idea i had for dual fan ps4

1 minute ago, HoganKevin8997 said:

It does beat it look at the bench mark scores of my system on geek bench 4 https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15242133

That’s litteraly just for your cpu, run 3dmark and then come back here with some scores

AMD blackout rig

27 minutes ago, steelo said:

This is compute for my system https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/compute/4733213

3 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

That’s litteraly just for your cpu, run 3dmark and then come back here with some scores

I used geek bench because people have managed to benchmark there ps4s using geek bench 4 so i tested my system against it because it would be the only accurate way to test against it.    You guys are not right there is just a few more you but your still wrong. 

Just now, HoganKevin8997 said:

I used geek bench because people have managed to benchmark there ps4s using geek bench 4 so i tested my system against it because it would be the only accurate way to test against it.    You guys are not right there is just a few more you but your still wrong. 

Can't we just get along.  I tried to build a safe system.  Do you want me to say reader discretion is advised

I gave you the links for geek bench 4 with ps4 vs my system and yes my system beats it by far.  PS4 is weak.  And the processor isn't even the best one i could use in my system.  the Asrock H97M-Itx can use a I7-4770K if i had the money for it.  the ps4 would be no match

If

8 minutes ago, steelo said:

Cpu wise maybe, not gpu though

Even if the gpu is better and thats a big if... witch i think it isn't  it isn't , it just can't be separated without some serious math done to do an accurate measurement

1 minute ago, steelo said:

No, it doesnt quite work that way...

Sony GPU is over rated because its an apu.  The jaguar can't beat my system. clocked at 1.5 ghz or 2.1ghz