Wind'ohs install help new build

WasabiXi

Hi everyone I recently got back into the PC world and finished my first build in over 20years, a lot sure has changed. My current build is

AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Asus ROG B450f 

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb ram

WD Black 500gb NVMe SSD

EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra

Corsair 850w PSU

I've searched many forums and have tried every solution but to no avail. Everything boots fine, goes into BIOS just fine. But won't install Windows via USB. I've tried 7 different thumb drives, even went out and bought brand new ones just in case. No matter the port no matter the thumb drive I keep getting the "media drivers missing" error. I've been trying for about a week now and still no progress. I've taken the system completely apart and reassembled it, made sure everything is secure. Tried with one stick of RAM tried with the other stick still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, WasabiXi said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How is the USB stick formatted and how is Windows ISO installed on it?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

@WasabiXi did you make sure that you selected the usb in the bios to boot from. This is a very common over looked step.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

58 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

How is the USB stick formatted and how is Windows ISO installed on it?

Thank you for the response. They've all been formatted to FAT32 and the iso was installed on there via the recovery utility you can get through Microsoft.

45 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

@WasabiXi did you make sure that you selected the usb in the bios to boot from. This is a very common over looked step.

Thank you for the reply. After I boot into BIOS I go over to boot and it automatically puts the USB in spot no.1 and also switched it to boot from USB.

7 minutes ago, WasabiXi said:

iso was installed on there via the recovery utility

Just for giggle value, use a program called Rufus for installing the ISO, and see what happens.

A screen shot might be helpful too of the error

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Just for giggle value, use a program called Rufus for installing the ISO, and see what happens.

A screen shot might be helpful too of the error

Thank you again for your response. I've also tried Rufus also got the same error.

b764b111-2c02-4256-9375-4e99062d7c34.png

1 minute ago, WasabiXi said:

error

Ok, what it is saying is Windows can't find your SSD/HDD because it doesn't have a driver pre-installed for recognizing your mobo.

In BIOS, how do you have the chipset for SATA set up/ Are you using a legacy BIOS compatibility mode or EFI?

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, what it is saying is Windows can't find your SSD/HDD because it doesn't have a driver pre-installed for recognizing your mobo.

In BIOS, how do you have the chipset for SATA set up/ Are you using a legacy BIOS compatibility mode or EFI?

Sorry for the delay, made a new one. Sorry for the glare, I hope they are still legible. 

20200330_122917.jpg

20200330_122950.jpg

20200330_123053.jpg

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Thanks after following some of those steps I have successfully gotten my computer to not boot at all.... It turns on and just sits there fans spin but zero video.

1 hour ago, WasabiXi said:

zero video.

Sounds like you have larger issues than a corrupted install. It's possible your mobo is/was going bad.

Time for a BIOS reset!

I'm justing going to take it in and have someone else deal with this.🤷

It lives. Thank you for all the help guys I really do appreciate it.

20200331_173622.jpg