Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tony249245

Pc won’t turn on

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

My pc won’t turn on at all not even the fans spin it’s not a power supply issue since it works with another pc. I already took out the motherboard battery and place it back and removed the ram and put it back in. Could the mother board be dead?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tony249245 said:

Could the mother board be dead?

Could be, what happened to cause this event?


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Could be, what happened to cause this event?

I tried to test a dead power supply and now it doesn’t turn on my original power supply works

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tony249245 said:

I tried to test a dead power supply and now it doesn’t turn on my original power supply works

So a possible short may have damaged things.

Pull everything out of the case, and set on a phone book. Connect only the things needed to power the system on (keyboard, monitor and power supply) and turn on, see what happens (you may have to jump the power switch with a screw driver)


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
50 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

So a possible short may have damaged things.

Pull everything out of the case, and set on a phone book. Connect only the things needed to power the system on (keyboard, monitor and power supply) and turn on, see what happens (you may have to jump the power switch with a screw driver)

I’ll try it right now but keep in mind that I didn’t hear anything nor smell anything but I’ll try it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

So a possible short may have damaged things.

Pull everything out of the case, and set on a phone book. Connect only the things needed to power the system on (keyboard, monitor and power supply) and turn on, see what happens (you may have to jump the power switch with a screw driver)

Pc still doesn’t turn on, no fans spinning not even the power supply fans

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tony249245 said:

Pc still doesn’t turn on, no fans spinning not even the power supply fans

System is history then, most likely the mobo.


So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
24 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

System is history then, most likely the mobo.

Yeah seemed like it I tested out another motherboard and it runs

How can I prevent this from happening again

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×