Newbie in need of help

DeXXiMeR

Just wondering if these parts would make a 1080p gaming monster with enough CPU power to run FL studio and all the plugins (music making software and ports). Ment to be budget but upgradable need to be up and running soon so basically wondering what to expect 1968878896_Screenshot_20200330-045821_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.8a5c54f1353409ee4ed30d523ca2dc67.jpg

I'd go for a Ryzen 5 1600AF which is essentially a 2600 architecturally, just cheaper.

You gotta make sure the motherboard is updated to the newest bios to support 1st gen. That said, I believe that motherboard does ship with it now.

As for power supply, I'm not a fan of Corsair.

I prefer something solid like Seasonic, and if you're going with such wattage (550W), perhaps get a more efficient or higher watt-rated unit for upgradability.

Ram is important with Ryzen, spending a bit more for 3200Mhz would increase performance a bit if you go for a 1600AF.

Are you sure you want to have just a SATA based M.2 SSD?

I feel like a 970 EVO Plus would get you so much more performance for a tad more money.

51 minutes ago, wraptor said:

I'd go for a Ryzen 5 1600AF which is essentially a 2600 architecturally, just cheaper.

To clarify this, you need to make sure it's the Ryzen 5 1600 model with AF in the model number (e.g. YD1600BBAFBOX)

55 minutes ago, wraptor said:

You gotta make sure the motherboard is updated to the newest bios to support 1st gen. That said, I believe that motherboard does ship with it now.

X3XX = 1st gen Ryzen support out of the box (I doubt the 1600 AF would work out of the box with these motherboard without a BIOS upgrade since it's kind of a slightly gimped 2600)

X4XX = 1st and 2nd gen Ryzen support out of the box

X5XX = 1st and 2nd and 3rd gen Ryzen support out of the box (might exclude some older APUs from support list, but if you're not getting an APU that should be fine)

Though for example nowadays X4XX motherboards come with BIOSes that have support for 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs as long as they've been manufactured after the release of 3rd gen Ryzen microcode, which you unfortunately can't be sure of really when ordering the part. (Could be that there's some different model numbers/models of X4XX boards that are guaranteed to have microcode that supports 3rd gen Ryzen out of the box, if anyone knows I'd be happy to know too!)

1 hour ago, wraptor said:

I prefer something solid like Seasonic, and if you're going with such wattage (550W), perhaps get a more efficient or higher watt-rated unit for upgradability.

Get a high quality efficient power supply with a long warranty even if it costs you a bit more. For my first system I spent as much on my  PSU (750W 80+ Gold with 10y warranty) and my case as I did for my MoBo + CPU + RAM.

I've long since swapped out almost everything from my system, except for the case and PSU, which both are absolutely stellar to this day five years after I got them. (Well maybe the case is a bit beat up 'cause I've moved it around quite a bit but if you don't there shouldn't be any issue!).

1 hour ago, wraptor said:

Are you sure you want to have just a SATA based M.2 SSD

For everyday use it doesn't really matter if it's NVMe or SATA, especially if you get a Samsung one since Samsung Magician can actually use some RAM as a cache to speed up load times!. I'd say if going from SATA to NVMe will cost you more than 20% extra for the same capacity then I wouldn't bother for the miniscule gains that NVMe brings to consumer workloads!

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

Thank you guys so I will go will a Samsung 970 Evo500 gig instead and no I have a 10 tb hard drive 7200rpm can't remember the brand think Seagate cause each flac song in those apps is about 20ishGB in HIFI

And that btw to the first person that commented this is the 1600 af chip made sure when you commented haha cause I was gonna swear up and down that's what it was supposed to be lol

8 minutes ago, DeXXiMeR said:

10 tb hard drive 7200rpm

Don't forget to backup your work somehow, especially if you're just storing it on a single 10TB HDD

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

3 minutes ago, Tundral said:

Don't forget to backup your work somehow, especially if you're just storing it on a single 10TB HD

Haha yeah gotta thank LTT for showing me how to u abuse Google 🤣😂