Used A+ Tier PSU Versus New Lower Tier PSU?

GloriousPain
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

You can reuse the HX1000i. It's a good PSU and if it's working fine then there's no reason to replace it. You'll still have plenty of warranty left on it as well.

Basically title; But for context I have my current PC you can see the specs down below with the Corsair HX1000i but my PC is getting to the point I'd like to build a new one both for performance reasons and for concerns of some parts dying soon enough (namely my AIO water coolers; and since I have a fury X gpu, there's no fixing that one with an easy replacement)... If I were to build a new PC though I will definitely not have the same budget I had last time, so there's no way I'd get a similar quality PSU with the lower budget... If you were in this case would you rather use the PSU you currently have (and have had for a few years) or get a new one of lower quality? I've taken good care of my PSU; I've never let my PC be above normal gaming temps for more than an hour or two stress test. I've only mined/folded lightly. I've never done overly aggressive overclocked (FuryX barely OC's eitherway and my 5820k wasn't too much of a good bin either) infact for a large chunk of the time I've had the build I've left my CPU at 4Ghz OR LESS(and some large portions of time at stock clock with a negative voltage offset) and my FuryX had been under- clocked/volted slightly. 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

You can reuse the HX1000i. It's a good PSU and if it's working fine then there's no reason to replace it. You'll still have plenty of warranty left on it as well.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450