Enabling XMP on an MSI laptop?

Go to solution Solved by Maketus75,

Nevermind. I found the XMP setting and it seems to work fine. It was in the overclocking section of my laptop's BIOS. 

Hi! I recently bought a stick of RAM (Kingston HyperX Impact
16GB 2400MHz DDR4 SDRAM SO-DIMM 260-pin) and I noticed that it is running at the speed of 2133mhz instead of 2400mhz. I've tried to look around in the BIOS but I did not find XMP. Yes, I know how to unlock the BIOS but I still was not able to find the option. The RAM is supposed to support XMP 2.0 and I really want to get the most out of it. My laptop is the MSI gp62mvr 7rf leopard pro. Thank you in advance. 

18 minutes ago, Maketus75 said:

Hi! I recently bought a stick of RAM (Kingston HyperX Impact
16GB 2400MHz DDR4 SDRAM SO-DIMM 260-pin) and I noticed that it is running at the speed of 2133mhz instead of 2400mhz. I've tried to look around in the BIOS but I did not find XMP. Yes, I know how to unlock the BIOS but I still was not able to find the option. The RAM is supposed to support XMP 2.0 and I really want to get the most out of it. My laptop is the MSI gp62mvr 7rf leopard pro. Thank you in advance. 

From my understanding laptops don't support any kind of OC unless it's made for it  so it probably won't support xmp IF it's not marketed to support any kind of OC 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

From my understanding laptops don't support any kind of OC unless it's made for it  so it probably won't support xmp IF it's not marketed to support any kind of OC 

MSI's website says that it supports 2400mhz RAM and I am pretty sure that the original 8gb stick I had was running at 2400mhz.

Nevermind. I found the XMP setting and it seems to work fine. It was in the overclocking section of my laptop's BIOS.