Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey nerds,

So, I just "finished" my first PC build. I've linked all the parts I used below. 

I turned on my power supply and pressed the power button on my PC and all the fans worked, the RGB came on, all was well with the world, and then it just shut off. Didn't even make it to post. 

When I try to turn it back on, the top EZ Dedug LED flashes on (red) , followed by the flash of the other three lights (also red). The tiny motherboard fan at the bottom also begins to spins but stops almost immediately. It all happens very quickly, but I've attached a video of it anyway. Even though it started it up with no problems the first time, I can even get it to turn on now. 

Any ideas on what might be wrong and how I can fix it? 

Thanks guys, all advice welcome. 

Cheers. 

wait so corsair vs450w with all of those parts? lucky that it has not exploded yet.

your cpu need 8+4pin power. And your motherboard 24pin power. See if you have plugged them all in

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

That power supply was a terrible choice (sorry) - you don't even have the 8+4 pin EPS required by this board. 

Return that and get a better PSU, see the tier list for reference, and get something at least B-grade: 

My PC specs:

CPU: i5 2500 MB: Q65 RAM: 2x 4GB 1600 MHz DDR 3 GPU: GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 DISK: 480GB OCZ TR150

1 minute ago, Konrad_K said:

at least B-grade:

for htat high end cpu i would get atleast A-. Why did he buy that vs450w in first place. Yes 450w will be enough wattage, but it doesn not usually have the right cables. Like WTF

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

3 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

for htat high end cpu i would get atleast A-.

Yeah thats fair - most probably a A- is the way to go.

My PC specs:

CPU: i5 2500 MB: Q65 RAM: 2x 4GB 1600 MHz DDR 3 GPU: GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 DISK: 480GB OCZ TR150

5 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

for htat high end cpu i would get atleast A-. Why did he buy that vs450w in first place. Yes 450w will be enough wattage, but it doesn not usually have the right cables. Like WTF

Like I said, I'm completely new at this. From my research, it seemed that having enough wattage was good enough to purchase my power supply. I knew next to nothing about compatible cables, etc. But, I'm living and learning as I go. Thanks for your advice. I will be returning my ps and going for something at least A-, like you suggested. 

9 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

That power supply was a terrible choice (sorry) - you don't even have the 8+4 pin EPS required by this board. 

Return that and get a better PSU, see the tier list for reference, and get something at least B-grade: 

Thanks for your advice. I will heed it and get a better power supply. Hopefully that's all that's wrong with my build. 

Cheers. 

And also your cpu cooler is not enoguh for workload. For gaming at stock speed it can be neough, but for workloads in stock speed it will not be enough

Read this: 

Read this: 

Firstly, thank you to everyone that responded. Every review helps in some way. I did buy a new power supply. It’s a EVGA 600W. Unfortunately, though, I am having the same exact problem. Still the CPU red blink and no power. I pulled my motherboard out to make sure there were no broken pins, etc. And all of my cables I believe are in the right place, including my 24 pin power cable.

Please help!!!!