Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Salyace

Which motherboard for 9900KF

Any decent z390 will do. Now Asus has some crazu good x570 boards with wide budget range. But i heard rumors that asus strix z390-f has some vrm issues?

Anyway go with asus z390 strix-f if you want. Gigabyte aorus and ultra are good too. No need to buy that expensive maximus board.

And why wont you just get i9 9900 or something if you do not plan to overclock.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Which of these motherboards gives me acceptable performance with a 9900KF? I don't have to overclock.

• ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
  • Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
  • Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA
4 minutes ago, Salyace said:

Which of these motherboards gives me acceptable performance with a 9900KF? I don't have to overclock.

• ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO

ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING or Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro should be enough if you don't overclock

QUOTE ME SO I CAN REPLY

a N k L e   d a N E   i S  a   v E R y   g u D   s e n t R y   m a N

My main PC: CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 | GPU: Asus Nvidia GT 730 2GB | Storage: 1TB WD Blue HDD | Mobo: GA-F2A68HM-DS2 | PSU: Delux V5 550W | RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600

My laptop: Acer Aspire E15 Series(E5-575G-73WK) | Upgraded to 8GB

My dream build(in a budget): CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Super | Storage: 1TB WD Blue SN550 | RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200

I mean, frankly i have no idea what the KF skew is, but if you're not intending on overclocking, you'll be perfectly fine on any of those, those are pretty close to top notch. I would be looking at the features they have. Like if youre just going with a simple setup, like one GPU and 2 sticks of ram, id just be looking at what they have to offer for I/o, id be looking at what technologies youll benefit from, on the board, how many sata connections you'll need for hard drives and SSDs, I'm no expert with these boards, im more broke so i dont look at those. but im sure they all have an extra feature or two that will set it apart from the others.

6 minutes ago, ItsMeRachata said:

ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING or Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro should be enough if you don't overclock

Yeah thats what i meant to say. i didn't really account for price. theyll all be fine, just depends how many extra fancy things you want on there

19 minutes ago, Salyace said:

• ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO

Why are you buying a K series processor if you don't plan on overclocking?

Although you may plan to do it later and perhaps that's your idea.

The F means no iGPU (dedicated video card required, no quicksync capability).

18 minutes ago, Salyace said:

• ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO

I am currently using a MSI z390 Gaming Edge AC with my 9900KF and had it at a stable 5.2GHz OC (I say stable but for some reason GTA V Did not like the overclock so i removed the overclock) and have not had any issues with it

Posted · Best Answer

Any decent z390 will do. Now Asus has some crazu good x570 boards with wide budget range. But i heard rumors that asus strix z390-f has some vrm issues?

Anyway go with asus z390 strix-f if you want. Gigabyte aorus and ultra are good too. No need to buy that expensive maximus board.

And why wont you just get i9 9900 or something if you do not plan to overclock.

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.       USA partpicker lists for different budgets:Partpicker (1).pdf

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NJ6kzN

Read this: 

Partpicker (1).pdf

8 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Why are you buying a K series processor if you don't plan on overclocking?

K series will get higher clock speeds

QUOTE ME SO I CAN REPLY

a N k L e   d a N E   i S  a   v E R y   g u D   s e n t R y   m a N

My main PC: CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 | GPU: Asus Nvidia GT 730 2GB | Storage: 1TB WD Blue HDD | Mobo: GA-F2A68HM-DS2 | PSU: Delux V5 550W | RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600

My laptop: Acer Aspire E15 Series(E5-575G-73WK) | Upgraded to 8GB

My dream build(in a budget): CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Super | Storage: 1TB WD Blue SN550 | RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200