new at folding

5 minutes ago, austincanman said:

ok what are the points for 

Adds a bit of competition between people, bragging rights. Something to keep people interested in doing it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

7 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Adds a bit of competition between people, bragging rights. Something to keep people interested in doing it.

oh well i am not doing great lol i have a i5 2gen 

1 minute ago, austincanman said:

oh well i am not doing great lol i have a i5 2gen

If possible, use your GPU, the CPU is a lot slower compared to that. My CPU (3rd gen i5) usually gives something it the low thousands per WU, my RX 480 is easily 50k+

3 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

If possible, use your GPU, the CPU is a lot slower compared to that. My CPU (3rd gen i5) usually gives something it the low thousands per WU, my RX 480 is easily 50k+

i cant i guess ?

222.PNG

Do you have it set to fold when idle or the power slider set to Light?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, austincanman said:

i cant i guess ?

222.PNG

There are so many people joining right now that their work servers have problems handing out work. So the issue is probably not with your GPU but rather that it's not getting anything to do. Leave it running and it should eventually get something.

If you're curious, open the advanced client (https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/installation-guides/configuration-guide/) and see if there's any problem reported, like missing CUDA etc.

13 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Do you have it set to fold when idle or the power slider set to Light?

nope i am using full power 

27 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

There are so many people joining right now that their work servers have problems handing out work. So the issue is probably not with your GPU but rather that it's not getting anything to do. Leave it running and it should eventually get something.

If you're curious, open the advanced client (https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/installation-guides/configuration-guide/) and see if there's any problem reported, like missing CUDA etc.

it is up and running