Added a hard drive to my pc and my ssd can’t boot windows

Xmatix02

Hello I recently installed a hardrive in my pc. I have a 500gb ssd that contains my windows. After installing the new hardrive my ssd will not boot into windows I get a black screen. I have since unplugged the hardrive from my pc and only have the ssd but windows still will not boot. 

note I do not know if the hardrive had any previous data on it I thought I’d just erase it 

did you try manually selecting or changing the boot drive in your BIOS

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I am able to get to the windows repair screen but If I select continue to windows nothing happens 

Did you unplug the boot drives power and use it for the  the power for the hdd? Sounds stupid but it happens 

2 minutes ago, REETKID22 said:

Did you unplug the boot drives power and use it for the  the power for the hdd? Sounds stupid but it happens 

2 minutes ago, REETKID22 said:

No but they are both running off of one power cable both are detected 

Did you try to unplug the new drive and let it boot?

As far as I’m aware mechanical drives are hot pluggable NOT HOT UNPLUGGABLE

so if you can get into Windows then plug it in to power it might detect into windows but you should read up on the hot pluggable thing. 

Maybe plug hdd into a seperate sata power cable as you could be overloading the 12v rail on your psu, maybe?