red or green

m0oble

my options are a used sapphire vega 64 oc and uv for i think 420 something like that or a new gigabyte rtx 2070 super for 500

it'd be paired with a ryzen 9 3900x

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c
750w dragon or something psu idk

Very similar in gaming performance, is your power supply any good?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Very similar in gaming performance, is your power supply any good?

psu would be a corsair rm 2019 650w 

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c

Just now, m0oble said:

psu would be a corsair rm 2019 650w 

Vega gets my vote then, if it's not a blower card (or if you're willing to put an aftermarket cooler on it like the Arctic Accelero). What specific model are you looking at?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Vega gets my vote then, if it's not a blower card (or if you're willing to put an aftermarket cooler on it like the Arctic Accelero). What specific model are you looking at?

https://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-Triple-Graphics-21275-02-20G/dp/B074HCCWW9 price went up a little from what it was before, can you recommend a good air cooler for like 60 tops, if not, a liquid cooler that's also around that price range

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c

1 minute ago, m0oble said:

https://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-Triple-Graphics-21275-02-20G/dp/B074HCCWW9 price went up a little from what it was before, can you recommend a good air cooler for like 60 tops, if not, a liquid cooler that's also around that price range

The Arctic Accelero Extreme III or IV and the Raijintek Morpheus II come to mind as some quality aftermarket options, around $50 I believe. Water cooling options are more diverse, with anything from just buying a cheap AIO and strapping it on, to the Krake G12. You are getting a blower card which is the reference design, so your options are diverse.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, m0oble said:

there's also this card that has 3 fans instead of a blower https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Overclocked-2048-Bit-Express-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GAMING/dp/B0782PSHJ3/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=vega+64&qid=1585538567&s=electronics&sr=1-5

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c

1 minute ago, m0oble said:

A strix Vega 64 is a great choice, if the price is comparable.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

A strix Vega 64 is a great choice

so considering it's almost 200 less than nvidia, and has at the least a little worse performance, that's the card?

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c

3 minutes ago, m0oble said:

so considering it's almost 200 less than nvidia, and has at the least a little worse performance, that's the card?

I wouldn't think that it has worse performance, the Vega 64 is very close to the GTX 1080 and so is the RTX 2070. The strix is definitely a higher end model, with good clocks. Your PSU should absolutely be able to handle it, so despite the higher power draw and transient load, it's a lot better value for you.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I wouldn't think that it has worse performance, the Vega 64 is very close to the GTX 1080 and so is the RTX 2070. The strix is definitely a higher end model, with good clocks. Your PSU should absolutely be able to handle it, so despite the higher power draw and transient load, it's a lot better value for you.

so if i overclock it and undervolt it it'd just be like, damn

pc specs:

Spoiler

r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3200mhz

b450 tomahawk max
rx 6600xt

1tb ssd + 6tb hdd
meshify c

12 minutes ago, m0oble said:

so if i overclock it and undervolt it it'd just be like, damn

undervolting is the name of the game with Vega. Personally I wouldn't recommend it any other way.

Primary PC: