why do windows laptops have such terrible trackpads?

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

There was a need.

How is it subjective? Trackpads on W10 laptops are objectively worse than those found on MacBooks. 

Subjective: an opinion based on personal preference.

Objective: a fact based on testable evidence without personal preference.

before you claim this to be "objective",  find some tests that aren't subjective (that means repeatable tests that aren't a reviewers personal preference or impression).

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

It is a conman occurrence, there are no W10 laptops with a Trackpad in the same league as a MacBook 

What we have here is an idea or feeling that people want to be true, not a "common occurrence".  In fact the only "evidence" we are seeing is that the majority of people responding either don't care or don't have a problem with either.   Some even saying they disagree that shitty trackpads are exclusive to windows.

So what is your point? what are you trying to achieve here? Are you hoping to convince everyone their personal preference is wrong or that because their experience doesn't line up with some internet narrative you believe that they are not being honest?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Subjective: an opinion based on personal preference.

Objective: a fact based on testable evidence without personal preference.

before you claim this to be "objective",  find some tests that aren't subjective (that means repeatable tests that aren't a reviewers personal preference or impression).

What we have here is an idea or feeling that people want to be true, not a "common occurrence".  In fact the only "evidence" we are seeing is that the majority of people responding either don't care or don't have a problem with either.   Some even saying they disagree that shitty trackpads are exclusive to windows.

So what is your point? what are you trying to achieve here? Are you hoping to convince everyone their personal preference is wrong or that because their experience doesn't line up with some internet narrative you believe that they are not being honest?

MacBooks trackpad is more precise and has better acceleration, has a larger surface area, supports multitouch gestures, can be clicked at any point evenly and has 2 levels of click for different functions. Explain to me how that is subjective. It offers more functionality and better specs that trackpads on windows laptops. Just like apples (and Samsung’s on the S20 line I believe) touch interface is better In terms of responsiveness than the majority of smartphones because it polls input at 120Hz instead of 60Hz. 

I haven’t heard one single person ever claim a trackpad is better than what’s offered on a MacBook. They’re objectively not as good (reasons above), there are no arguments to be made which is why you’ve tried to hide behind linguistics rather than actually make an argument on the subject matter. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

32 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

MacBooks trackpad is more precise and has better acceleration, has a larger surface area, supports multitouch gestures, can be clicked at any point evenly and has 2 levels of click for different functions. Explain to me how that is subjective. It offers more functionality and better specs that trackpads on windows laptops. Just like apples (and Samsung’s on the S20 line I believe) touch interface is better In terms of responsiveness than the majority of smartphones because it polls input at 120Hz instead of 60Hz. 

I haven’t heard one single person ever claim a trackpad is better than what’s offered on a MacBook. They’re objectively not as good (reasons above), there are no arguments to be made which is why you’ve tried to hide behind linguistics rather than actually make an argument on the subject matter. 

Seriously?  if you can't provide objective proof then don't make objective claims.  Do you understand the difference between objective and subjective? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

25 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Seriously?  if you can't provide objective proof then don't make objective claims.  Do you understand the difference between objective and subjective? 

I’ve literally told you objective points. Being able to click anywhere on the surface with even pressure, being able to click on 2 different levels and being more responsive + accurate are objective points. Just because you choose to ignore them doesn’t make them vanish. 

From the ones I've tried, i like the macbook touchpads more, to put it easy, I can work with both, but don't miss a mouse as much with my macbook as opposed to my dell, or my acer or even a friends lenovo (this ones are the only ones I had lengthy experience, I tried several other touchpads, but don't think my opinion is valid for just a couple mins of usage). I can only speak for those specific laptops (don't ask me the models, can't remember them).

I had a macbook air, now have a macbook pro and both have a very good touchpad experience.

Just my 2 cents

There are some Windows machines with good trackpads, but the problem is that many fall short, and it can feel like hunting for the proverbial needle in the haystack.  Apple's advantage is that its trackpads are consistently good due to both a sound underlying design and well-tuned software.

29 minutes ago, Commodus said:

There are some Windows machines with good trackpads, but the problem is that many fall short, and it can feel like hunting for the proverbial needle in the haystack.  Apple's advantage is that its trackpads are consistently good due to both a sound underlying design and well-tuned software.

W10 does screw the trackpad on MacBooks quite a lot on bootcamp, you lose gestures and the movement just feels off.

9 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

I’ve literally told you objective points. Being able to click anywhere on the surface with even pressure, being able to click on 2 different levels and being more responsive + accurate are objective points. Just because you choose to ignore them doesn’t make them vanish. 

I also asked you for proof or testing that shows its better, not just to list a bunch of things you think are better.

You cold use the trackpad to wipe your ass and not get smears or stains, but that doesn't make it better.  Better is subjective.

It is crazy to me how PC OEMs still haven't figured out that a big trackpad is great and how MSFT hasn't nailed down a good trackpad driver (although they've gotten better from the old Synaptics (?) ones that were common before), in 2020. On my Windows work machines I had to demand our IT dept kick in for a good Bluetooth mouse because it was just intolerable.