MSI armour RX580 8GB issues

Maddix

Hi everyone,

So for my birthday I treated myself to a new graphics card. Today I tried to install it into my motherboard (Intel DH61CR) and ran into some issues.

The graphics card has no display output. I tried all the ports on the back and got nothing. The card is getting power as the fans are spinning. I uninstalled my previous GPUs drivers as well. 

I'm not a very technical person I only know the basics so I'm really stuck for ideas on what the issue could be.

If anyone has had this issue or has suggestions that would be great. 

Thank you,

Maddix

Was your previous graphics card AMD or Nvidia? I've heard there can be issues caused by switching from Nvidia to AMD GPUs.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

1 hour ago, Maddix said:

Intel DH61CR

Is it a workstation board ?  Bought the card new ?

First of all you should try to uninstall the previous drivers with ddu in safe mode.  As for your problem this looks like something that happened to me ...

So I got the same problem when I got my sapphire nitro rx 470 and tried to put it on a lenovo m91 board.  Fan spinning and pc booting but nothing on the screen. At first I was affraid that I got ripped off cause I bought the card used and we were high in the post mining era so I was affraid that the bios was tempered with and that the card was no longer able to be used for gaming.  I contacted the seller and he found out that it looks like the lenovo chipset have a whitelist of compatible graphics card and that my rx 470 was not in it.  I had to change the motherboard for a dell optiplex 7010 for it to work.  I'm not sure if it's that kind of issue you're running into but it looks like it to me. 

http://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/Intel/Intel_DH61CR/496/Compatible_GPUs

Here someone on reddit that had the same issue with an amd card ... he updated the bios and it worked

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/b8wdql/gpu_not_being_detected/

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

3 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

Was your previous graphics card AMD or Nvidia? I've heard there can be issues caused by switching from Nvidia to AMD GPUs.

Previous card was a GTX 1050 ti. I'm going to use DDU to make sure all traces of the drivers are gone and see if that helps.

2 hours ago, Dr0y said:

Is it a workstation board ?  Bought the card new ?

First of all you should try to uninstall the previous drivers with ddu in safe mode.  As for your problem this looks like something that happened to me ...

So I got the same problem when I got my sapphire nitro rx 470 and tried to put it on a lenovo m91 board.  Fan spinning and pc booting but nothing on the screen. At first I was affraid that I got ripped off cause I bought the card used and we were high in the post mining era so I was affraid that the bios was tempered with and that the card was no longer able to be used for gaming.  I contacted the seller and he found out that it looks like the lenovo chipset have a whitelist of compatible graphics card and that my rx 470 was not in it.  I had to change the motherboard for a dell optiplex 7010 for it to work.  I'm not sure if it's that kind of issue you're running into but it looks like it to me. 

http://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/Intel/Intel_DH61CR/496/Compatible_GPUs

Here someone on reddit that had the same issue with an amd card ... he updated the bios and it worked

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/b8wdql/gpu_not_being_detected/

Thank you for the links. I will try update the mobo bios tomorrow to see if that solves the issue. I've also seen that sometimes the card comes with a resolution that is higher than the monitor which can cause issues so I'm going to plug it into a 4K TV as well. Not sure if that will help but it's worth a try. The card is new from ebuyer.