Soldered ram replacement?

I consider buying a Huawei Matebook D 15 model with soldered 8 gigs of ram. But i think i need to consider changin 8 gigs to 16 if i start coding android studio etc. So can a soldered ram replaced?

5 minutes ago, Arda Na said:

I consider buying a Huawei Matebook D 15 model with soldered 8 gigs of ram. But i think i need to consider changin 8 gigs to 16 if i start coding android studio etc. So can a soldered ram replaced?

Not without a professional hot-air soldering setup, unfortunately. And even then they might lock it out in BIOS.

1 minute ago, Arda Na said:

Short version, no.

Longer version, theoretically yes and it has been done for some laptops, but unless you really know exactly what you're doing and know exactly which parts to use and where to find them, you're probably better off either buying something like a T490/495 that has an open DIMM slot, or just buying a laptop with 16GB of RAM.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Since your asking, I assume you have no equipment or experience in electronics.

What you will spend acquiring the equipment to make it possible, you could just by a laptop that more suits your needs.

If you have never done something like this before, the tools involved make it relatively easy to damage the board and components.

There is also no guarantee the new ram would be compatible without a bios modification.

Thank you all. This was really a good laptop for 600 bucks :/. I probably buy something else

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

Short version, no.

Longer version, theoretically yes and it has been done for some laptops, but unless you really know exactly what you're doing and know exactly which parts to use and where to find them, you're probably better off either buying something like a T490/495 that has an open DIMM slot, or just buying a laptop with 16GB of RAM.

would you recommend e495/e490 ?

I would, entry level business quaity. Very solid for the Price, and my first Choice for that Price range, if you want a gopod quality Laptop with a very good Keyboard.

It just doesn't look very pretty :P

Notes to mention: The 495 is AMD Ryzen based, which is fine. But it does NOT have the option for backlit Keyboard.

Only the Intel 490 has a backlit keyboard as an Option, if that's important for you.

There's a newer Model out already, E14:

- Slightly thinner, but only Single Channel Ram Slot

- has some features from the L and T series, like mil-810g spec, and ThinkShutter (Webcam slider)

If you go for the 490/495, it should be cheaper than E14.

3 hours ago, Arda Na said:

would you recommend e495/e490 ?

In general, I don't like the E series as much as the T series. If that's the price range you're locked into, I'd look at used T480 and T490 designs. Better bang for the buck, especially with the T480.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.