Dual Monitors - windows keep resizing and moving to main monitor after sleep

I have 2 Display Port monitors. One is a Dell and the other is an Acer. Every time I wake my PC from sleep, all my windows on the secondary monitor have been resized and moved back to the primary monitor. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to fix this issue. On my old PC, this would never happen, and my windows would stay in the same position after waking from sleep. My new PC is running a Ryzen CPU and a RX 5700 graphics card, but since my previous PC had an AMD card as well (HD 7970), I don't think it's a GPU issue. It could possibly be an issue with AMD CPUs since my previous computer had an Intel Core i7. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's driving me crazy because every single time I wake my PC i have to reposition my windows.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Question of graphics card and drivers and how they react to a monitor being turned off/disconnected.

It's always been an issue with some combinations, and the reason why I never put a multi-monitor desktop to sleep.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

16 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Question of graphics card and drivers and how they react to a monitor being turned off/disconnected.

It's always been an issue with some combinations, and the reason why I never put a multi-monitor desktop to sleep.

Even if I don't put it to sleep, if the screens timeout after 20 minutes the windows are moved and resized as well. Is there really no way to fix this?

• 4 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 2:09 PM, Cs342 said:

Even if I don't put it to sleep, if the screens timeout after 20 minutes the windows are moved and resized as well. Is there really no way to fix this?

I have this issue as well currently with both a ASUS 1080p 144hz and 4k monitor on Displayport.

I had no such issue with my old setup, LG 1080p and 2560x1080 monitor on HDMI. So it really is puzzling and frustrating at the same time...

On 8/26/2020 at 7:52 PM, 0th3rs said:

I have this issue as well currently with both a ASUS 1080p 144hz and 4k monitor on Displayport.

I had no such issue with my old setup, LG 1080p and 2560x1080 monitor on HDMI. So it really is puzzling and frustrating at the same time...

Were you able to find a fix?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 8:37 AM, Cs342 said:

Seems like the only fix is never turn off your monitor or lock your PC. 😞

On 9/11/2020 at 5:14 PM, 0th3rs said:

Seems like the only fix is never turn off your monitor or lock your PC. 😞

On 8/31/2020 at 8:37 AM, Cs342 said:

Apparently using two HDMI cables fixed this problem!(Previously I was using DisplayPort for both) I am using a Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+. Anyone know if this issue is related to AMD drivers? 

13 hours ago, 0th3rs said:

Apparently using two HDMI cables fixed this problem!(Previously I was using DisplayPort for both) I am using a Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+. Anyone know if this issue is related to AMD drivers? 

I can't do that because I'm using DisplayPort for Freesync and 144Hz.