Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tech_Nico

Help! Switching from a Samsung galaxy S7 edge to iPhone Xs worth it?

What would you do?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Keep the Samsung galaxy S7 edge
    • Go for the iPhone Xs

5 hours ago, Commodus said:

It's a good thing you can still use Google Assistant (and Alexa, and...) on an iPhone, then.

I won't dispute that GA is better than Siri in general, although I would actually argue that Siri is better in some ways for things like smart home control.  Try asking Siri and GA to turn a light white.  Siri?  A neutral, natural-looking white.  Google... produces yellow.

Bruh. I mean yellow is in the google logo.

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 4/20/2020 at 12:24 PM, QuaKe5943 said:

You say you've always wanted to use a 'good voice assistant'. Google assistant is the best thing you can use. Siri isn't as good.

well but siri is just smoother as far as i know. I can't use GA with my screen off, sometimes it doesn't open certain apps and the reminders don't work at all. Those things don't happen with siri, plus it also gives you a ton of customization with the shortcuts app.

I switched from android to iphone when the 8 plus came out and I'll only go back to android if apple stops making phones. The software works and I have not had a single issue with it, better then I can say about android. I've been down the just put a rom on it route before and you shouldn't have to do that for your phone to be fast and smooth. I currently use a iphone 11 now and it's been solid, great battery life and camera

CPU:  Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo: Msi X470 gaming plus max 

Cooler: Corsair h100i rgb platinum 

Fans: 6 Corsair sp120 rgb pro 

GPU: Sapphire Pulse Rx5700xt 

Ram: 32gb Corsair rgb pro ddr4 3600mhz 

Case: Corsair 220T 

PSU: Corsair Rm850x

Storage: 1Tb WD nvme, 500gb Wd Blue SSD, 2Tb seagate barracuda mechanical drive 

Display: Viotek Gft27DB 27 inch 1440p 144hz

Mouse: Logitech G703

Keyboard: Razer ornata chroma 

On 5/2/2020 at 3:36 PM, Tech_Nico said:

well but siri is just smoother as far as i know. I can't use GA with my screen off, sometimes it doesn't open certain apps and the reminders don't work at all. Those things don't happen with siri, plus it also gives you a ton of customization with the shortcuts app.

To be fair on a phone I’ve never found voice assistants to be anything more than a novelty, google home etc is a different story 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

57 minutes ago, Network Administrator said:

I would go with any other phone than iPhone. all of the stuff on your Samsung can be transferred successfully. DO NOT BUY AN IPHONE!! unless you want to pay someone to make decisions for you

I've copied the entire contents of an iPhone (certainly all the stuff I care about) when migrating devices while barely skipping a beat.  And coming from Android, Apple even has a "Move to iOS" app to help you migrate from an Android phone.

It's really not that challenging.  If it comes down to it, you can use cloud services to store things that you're worried about so that you can grab them later.

Yes indeed, very easy.

3770K @ 4700MHz 1.35v/Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power TY-143 Push/Pull
ASRock Z77 OC Formula|12GB G.Skill Mix @ 933MHz 9-10-9-28-2T 1.6v
EVGA GTX 980 Classified 3988 @ 1497/2001|Intel 545S 256 Striped
CM Silent Pro M2 850|Fractal Define R4/5x 120x38 1x 92x38|ZM-MFC2