Laptop recommendation for Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm going to be college student in the next School year, what laptop can you guys recommend?

I plan to enter Computer Engineering course. the laptop should be able to handle the basic requirements on this course (Although I still don't know what are those requirements), and to do light video editing. I don't plan to play high end games on the laptop. My budget is around $750, or $800 at most. and as much as possible, Easy to carry.

In Australian Dollars Acer Nitro 5 with AMD CPU and GPU is creat for video editing priced at $740 this comes with Ryzen 5, 16GB Ram, Amd Radeon and 512GB SSD.

Or in USD you can get an ASUS TUF FX505, Ryzen 7 up to 4GHZ clock speed, 16GB ram, a Nividia 1650 and 512GM NVMe SSD.

1 hour ago, Angel Mac Macapagal said:

Hi, I'm going to be college student in the next School year, what laptop can you guys recommend?

I plan to enter Computer Engineering course. the laptop should be able to handle the basic requirements on this course (Although I still don't know what are those requirements), and to do light video editing. I don't plan to play high end games on the laptop. My budget is around $750, or $800 at most. and as much as possible, Easy to carry.

Look for an entry-level business laptop. Lenovo ThinkPad E series, Dell Vostro series, HP ProBook series. Those are MUCH better than the commodity cheap consumer laptops and offer superior durability, reliability, cooling and usually more consistent performance.