Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragracer1588

Fortnite drastic fps drop

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys,

Here’s my pc setup an specs

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Dragracer1588/saved/4f268d

Recently I’ve been experiencing a drastic fps drop in fortnite late game. Someone told me that I have to upgrade mu PSU cuz my gpu minimum recommend psu is 650w. 

I’d like to have ur opinion about this issue please.

Thanks

Fortnite is buggy AF atm.

I get anywhere between a 1-10 sec lag spike at the start of almost every game. I have also noticed end game frametime issues, not every game but often enough to notice.

2 minutes ago, Dragracer1588 said:

Recently I’ve been experiencing a drastic fps drop in fortnite late game. Someone told me that I have to upgrade mu PSU cuz my gpu minimum recommend psu is 650w. 

?? But the PSU listed in your parts list is a Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W? It's A) 650W, B) a pretty decent PSU, and C) having a PSU with not enough wattage isn't going to cause such an issue.
That person doesn't know what they're talking about.

What does the FPS start out as and what does it drop to?

What happens if you run a synthetic benchmark like 3dMark timespy extreme?
Does the FPS drop in other games?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

You have 120mm aio cooler which is made for stock cpu speeds(i7 9700k runs pretty hot). Check your cpu temps. Play fortnite and measure your temps with hwinfo64

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.       USA partpicker lists for different budgets:Partpicker (1).pdf

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NJ6kzN

Read this: 

Partpicker (1).pdf

6 hours ago, Spotty said:

?? But the PSU listed in your parts list is a Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W? It's A) 650W, B) a pretty decent PSU, and C) having a PSU with not enough wattage isn't going to cause such an issue.
That person doesn't know what they're talking about.

What does the FPS start out as and what does it drop to?

What happens if you run a synthetic benchmark like 3dMark timespy extreme?
Does the FPS drop in other games?

I don’t know dude, he’s an online IT. He claimed its indirectly affecting. 

im supposed to run the game at 240 fps

my average fps runs between 120-240. Its really weird to have this huge gap with such pc parts!! 

6 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

You have 120mm aio cooler which is made for stock cpu speeds(i7 9700k runs pretty hot). Check your cpu temps. Play fortnite and measure your temps with hwinfo64

You mean the kraken m22 is not good for my cpu? Actually im considering to upgrade it to the new kraken z63 https://www.newegg.com/global/il-en/nzxt-liquid-cooling-system-kraken-z/p/N82E16835146069

do u think it’d solve the problem?

8 minutes ago, Dragracer1588 said:

im supposed to run the game at 240 fps

more than that

2 minutes ago, Dragracer1588 said:

You mean the kraken m22 is not good for my cpu?

its okay cooler, but you should still check the temperatures of your gpu and your cpu. And yes that 280mm one will be much better

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.       USA partpicker lists for different budgets:Partpicker (1).pdf

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NJ6kzN

Read this: 

Partpicker (1).pdf

Look at pro players' streams, I've seen even 9900k/2080ti that drop significantly lategame. 

On youtube ItsJerian has a few videos on all kinds of different settings you can tweak to help your fps.

Just now, Dragracer1588 said:

I did a couple times

I would try ddu and failing that fork knife is just a buggy game?