cheap prebuilt tower $100-$150

so im bored and browsing ebay and looking at all in one pc for a cheap gaming pc build. but don't really no what is the best deal. i love the x58 and there's one with dell the Dell Precision T3500 and an hp one HP Z400. but i alos was looking up the w3690 and found other cpus like the i5-4570 so is there any point in x58 any more.

also is there any all in one pcs that are cheap and can do overclocking from what i heard most are locked kinda with no voltage overclocking anyway.

i have looks at buying peaces but the cost would by way to hi so bundle deal it is. now i don't like the thin pc case only case that can take an normal atx psu and from what i see they price them a bit higher but i think its worth it.

any way what are your tips or suggestions links guides or w/e ya i really don't need to buy it but im just bored.

i was biding on ebay on a Dell Precision T3500 with i think 6 gb ram and a w3690 but was out bid it sold for about $150ish. i no the cpu is worth about $90 but that's when i saw that the i5 cpus seem to beat it so i dint bother biding more.

oh my budget is around $100-150can for the all in on + w/e i get for upgrades. i think entry gaming pc gpu ied say rx 470- rx 480 8gb some were in there. i did buy a gtx 1080 for 383 from ebay seem liked a good deal at the time.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I'm confused. Are you looking for a tower or an actual all in one? Like an iMac or these HP things?

Spoiler

HP 21.5” All-in-One PC, AMD A9-9425 3.10GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD ...

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I'm confused. Are you looking for a tower or an actual all in one? Like an iMac or these HP things?

Hide contents

HP 21.5” All-in-One PC, AMD A9-9425 3.10GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD ...

tower haha well thats what they seem to call them

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

hmm there is a z420....and an DELL PRECISION T5400 DUAL XEON but no idea anythign about 2 cpus and gaming....

21 hours ago, NZgamer said:

I don't think you're going to find anything good for CAD$100-150.

You could probably find a decent platform to form the basis of the build. But not including the GPU. I would he can find a decent Core i5/i3 Dell OptiPlex tower for that much. There are quite a lot of off lease systems around. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

2 hours ago, NZgamer said:

You said in your title you wanted an All in One

HP 20" Intel Pentium 8GB RAM 1TB HDD All in One Desktop - Noel Leeming

This is an all in one

You're confusing people

This is probably your best bet

lots of people use all in one for a prebuilt tower. what would you call them? there not just a tower they are pre built. and they do also come with an monitor mouse keyboard so.

i get that an all in one is the pic you listed.

anyway i put an offer for an hpz400 with 24gb ram and i offerd to buy 2 of them but im a long time on ebay so i get a discount? so might not take my offer of $70 each + shiping so we will see if not ill try $80 each

well i got the 2x hpz400 24gb ram pcs for $283can ship. but i will have to upgrade the cpu but cant seem to deiced on what one or how much is wroth it. i want 6core 12 threaded or better if there is better but i no you cant overclock only the multiplayer so having that the highest is bets...but they also cost lots too and would be way more worth overclocking it.

also looking at a gtx 1080....but that might be over kill but dam good value imo. normally i be looking at a rx 480 8gb but gtx1080.....

On 3/29/2020 at 10:45 PM, thrasher_565 said:

lots of people use all in one for a prebuilt tower. what would you call them? there not just a tower they are pre built. and they do also come with an monitor mouse keyboard so.

i get that an all in one is the pic you listed.

The commonly agreed upon definition for an all-in-one is that the monitor and the computer itself is built into one unit. There are some exceptions like the Dell Optiplex systems that are meant to be mounted on a stand behind the display. But for the most part, if you go onto BestBuy, Canada Computer's, or Staple's website, if you search all-in-one, you'll get computers that look like TVs. 

The kind of system that you're referring to is called tower or desktop. I think Costco is probably the only place where you'll desktop and monitor bundles anymore. Many desktops back in the day did come bundled with a monitor. But nowadays if you go into BestBuy to buy a desktop, you're just going to be walking out with the tower itself (with the included keyboard and mouse).

I think it's a good thing the industry mostly stopped with this whole bundling thing. Monitors for the mainstream haven't really advanced much in the last 10+ years arguably. My secondary monitor is an old SyncMaster from 2007 and it has DVI and VGA so it'll still work with any new computer I'd upgrade to or buy in the foreseeable future. Forcing consumers to take a new monitor every 5 or so years just generates a lot of un-necessary e-waste so this is definitely a welcome move. Plus it saves consumers some money. Who doesn't love that? Except for maybe the manufactures.  

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

The commonly agreed upon definition for an all-in-one is that the monitor and the computer itself is built into one unit. There are some exceptions like the Dell Optiplex systems that are meant to be mounted on a stand behind the display. But for the most part, if you go onto BestBuy, Canada Computer's, or Staple's website, if you search all-in-one, you'll get computers that look like TVs. 

The kind of system that you're referring to is called tower or desktop. I think Costco is probably the only place where you'll desktop and monitor bundles anymore. Many desktops back in the day did come bundled with a monitor. But nowadays if you go into BestBuy to buy a desktop, you're just going to be walking out with the tower itself (with the included keyboard and mouse).

I think it's a good thing the industry mostly stopped with this whole bundling thing. Monitors for the mainstream haven't really advanced much in the last 10+ years arguably. My secondary monitor is an old SyncMaster from 2007 and it has DVI and VGA so it'll still work with any new computer I'd upgrade to or buy in the foreseeable future. Forcing consumers to take a new monitor every 5 or so years just generates a lot of un-necessary e-waste so this is definitely a welcome move. Plus it saves consumers some money. Who doesn't love that? Except for maybe the manufactures.  

ya i hear ya it was my bad haha just dint no what to call a dell hp or w/e other then that because if i just put tower people would also think of custom built pcs. so  i guess the word to use is pre built?

i got 2 w3670 cpus for $74 so that what the best deal on ebay i could find but i dont no if the 4core 3.6 would be better for gaming vs the 6core 3.2. i guess just depends on he game. another note is that the sell dint test what ram the z400 had so and the w3670 say 1033 so if i do end up with 1333 ram it be stuped not to use it so then i would get the 4core 3.6 that takes 1333.

Edited by thrasher_565