PSU recomendation

MrD1764
Go to solution Solved by seon123,
8 hours ago, Nick Neuburg said:

look at the wattage that partpicker says and try to aim for something rated for at least more than 20% more watts

As we all know, the only thing that matters is the wattage. Doesn't matter which PSU model they get, just that the wattage is sufficient... Also, PCPP, just like all other pSu CaLcUlAtOrS, overestimates the wattage, by using random numbers with no basis in reality.

8 hours ago, NDBroughton said:

So essentially, look for 400W+ power supply. Ideally look for something 80+ Gold certified if you can fit it in your budget.

The 80+ rating says nothing about how good a PSU is. E.g. the 80+ Bronze rated EVGA B2 is much better than the 80+ Gold rated EVGA G1 NEX.

8 hours ago, MrD1764 said:

I need help with a PSU recomendation

Consider the Formula 450W for £70 or the Whisper M 550W for £83. Both are quiet, perform well, and have multi rail OCP.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£155.00 @ Currys PC World)
Motherboard: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£89.98 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£79.98 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB DD Ultra Video Card  (£283.47 @ Ebuyer)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  (£56.75 @ Novatech)
Total: £665.18
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-29 03:36 BST+0100

also a 250gb ssd and a 1tb hard drive

Is what I'm thinking of getting and I'd like to get the best value PSU  as my budget isn't huge. They only upgrade I will get in the near future is perhaps VR or extra storage.

Thanks for your help.

Also, I'm in the UK

3 minutes ago, Nick Neuburg said:

at least more than 20% more watts

So essentially, look for 400W+ power supply. Ideally look for something 80+ Gold certified if you can fit it in your budget.

8 hours ago, Nick Neuburg said:

look at the wattage that partpicker says and try to aim for something rated for at least more than 20% more watts

As we all know, the only thing that matters is the wattage. Doesn't matter which PSU model they get, just that the wattage is sufficient... Also, PCPP, just like all other pSu CaLcUlAtOrS, overestimates the wattage, by using random numbers with no basis in reality.

8 hours ago, NDBroughton said:

The 80+ rating says nothing about how good a PSU is. E.g. the 80+ Bronze rated EVGA B2 is much better than the 80+ Gold rated EVGA G1 NEX.

8 hours ago, MrD1764 said:

Consider the Formula 450W for £70 or the Whisper M 550W for £83. Both are quiet, perform well, and have multi rail OCP.

:)