Corsair AX850 or Seasonic Prime TX-850

BobT36
10 minutes ago, BobT36 said:

Not on mine! I checked and they're both within the cluster of sleeved cables coming straight out of the PSU.

I looked when I read some advice on not to use split cables for the GPU power etc, but found there was nowt I could do as although they look separate, the cables are fixed anyway.

You are correct, my mistake.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/corsair-hx1050/3.html

Spoiler

psu_top.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Managed to snag the 850w Platinum Straight Power 11 version on Amazon, for only a few quid more than it would have cost at Scan or Overclockers + Delivery.

Had gift card balance to use, and I trust the returns process a tad more with Amazon (fulfilled). I know the 850w is a tad more than needed, but the 750w was actually more expensive (lol), and also only £10 cheaper elsewhere. Didn't want to run the 650w in-case I need a tad more in future.

Thanks all! Lets hope it works reliably and also solves the reboot issues.

Both are good, they are identical, i think it's just a brand preference.

MY RIG

CPU: i5 8400 || CPU COOLER: Stock Intel || MOBO: MSI B360A-PRO || GPU: MSI 2060 SUPER GAMING X || RAM: 2x8GB HyperX Fury Black 2666MHZ || SSD: 120GB Kingston || HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: Segotep H9Plus+ 520W || CASE: Segotep SG-K5 Black || Monitor: Asus MG248QR & Asus VG245H  || KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 Green Switch || Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate || Mouse Pad: Razer Firefly Hard Edition || Mic: Razer Seiren X || Headset: Razer Nari || Headset stand: Eazer Base Station Chroma || Case Fans : Segotep Pro Vibrant 3x120mm RGB ||

• 2 weeks later...

Got my PSU. Came with an EU plug though, so I had to use my old Corsair mains lead. (Ofc used the BeQuiet internal cables though).

Aside from the Sata plugs being upside-down (designed for top-mounted PSU?) so I had to run cables a tad longer than I wanted, all seems well. Seems quiet enough, currently no coil whine, and from a quick test, it seems to have solved my reboot issues! Great! :)

Beforehand I could trigger a reboot pretty quick either just randomly by playing a game, or opening the steam overlay and tinkering while playing. Seemed to be nice and stable when I just tested.

I did what most people on here said and used separate GPU PCIe cables, r(ather than the splitter one), and plugged them into separate column sockets.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Hope it lasts as long as my old one.

• 10 months later...

For what its worth I just got a AX850 for my first build and it was dead out of the box. Corsair told me the AX850 and A860 have been discontinued.