n Want to upgrade motherboard and CPU, what will happen when I try to boot?

My machine is currently using an MSI Z87 G43 motherboard and an Intel i5-4670. I want to upgrade to a motherboard with a different chipset (ASUS strix z390 e and an intel i7-9700k.) What will happen after I make the hardware change and try booting? I have a retail version of windows and my digital license is linked with my Microsoft account. Will it even boot? Will I need to uninstall old motherboard drivers and reinstall new ones? I should mention that my copy of windows is one an SSD and my files are on a separate HDD.

24 minutes ago, caelum1999 said:

My machine is currently using an MSI Z87 G43 motherboard and an Intel i5-4670. I want to upgrade to a motherboard with a different chipset (ASUS strix z390 e and an intel i7-9700k.) What will happen after I make the hardware change and try booting? I have a retail version of windows and my digital license is linked with my Microsoft account. Will it even boot? Will I need to uninstall old motherboard drivers and reinstall new ones? I should mention that my copy of windows is one an SSD and my files are on a separate HDD.

It may boot however do a fresh windows install after installing the new hardware in your system to prevent issues.