Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ConnieAmore

RTX will become a meme

RTX: Meme or No  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will RTX become a forgotten meme like PhysX or will it get bigger and become widely used?

• RTX will be a meme
    • Will get bigger and better

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've come to the conclusion that RTX will become a meme(not that it already is one). Essentially, Nvidia wont make RTX open source. Because of this, it will not be implemented widely by the gaming industry. The lack of implementation will make RTX just a meme, a sticker slapped on GPUs in order to just sell cards.  

What do you guys think? Will it become a meme or will it actually become mainstream?

Isn't it already a meme?

Linus + RTX equals .... - Off Topic - Linus Tech Tips

/s

But in a more greater sense, I don't think RTX is something most people will remember in a good way.

The RTX cards are pretty good cards otherwise though :s Like in normal gaming and compute they do really well! But I don't think I can be classified as unbiased as I have an RTX card..

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

"FuryBSD, name of your sex tape" - Alex Clark

"How long do I have to keep going on? Someone end it already"

At the risk of sounding ... patronizing. That what advertising does, its a hit or miss industry. 

PhysX was very promising when it came out but it found to be better used by adding it to existing cards then to make it a separate card. PhysX still exists it is just implemented in the current generations of cards.

RTX is just a naming scheme just like GeForce, GT, GTX, RTX so on and so forth.

Raytracing will become a part of the gaming/graphics industry just like what PhysX did and will continue on with out a second thought as it becomes more integrated.

Progress.

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates. Broke :(

Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

RTX is weird because the marketing makes it seem like it's the only way you can get ray tracing, even though that's just a graphics technique. Anybody who's used Cycles in Blender has used ray tracing.

I like to help. Be warned, I probably don't have your exact hardware and thus, my responses may not be 100% accurate.

Main Rig: i5-4460, EVGA GTX 1060, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 16GB of G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 RAM, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD

Other Tech: Late 2015 12" MacBook, iPhone XS 64GB, Nintendo 3DS XL (Snapped), Apple Watch Series 2, Airpods, Nintendo Switch, Retro Consoles, Vizio 32" Smart TV

Ray Tracing is basically mainstream now because both next gen consoles and next gen AMD GPUs will have it. It will just become another feature set like other technologies.

Intel Core i5-8400 / ASRock Z370 Pro 4 / Hyper 212 Evo / 16GB DDR4 @3000 / MSI RTX 2070 Armor / Corsair RM550x / SanDisk 250GB / 1TB WD HDD / Fractal Design Define R4

It was a meme when it came out. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 16GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer xG270HU 2560x1440@144hz

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz